Swappers- start your engines! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Swappers- start your engines!

Dble Haul
01-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Okay, I know that we have a little bit of interest in a carp swap (flies, not the actual fish).

I'd also be down for a pike swap if there's any interest.

Perhaps we could also do a theme swap?

Please provide feedback and/or your own ideas.

Quentin
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm definitely interested in a carp fly swap. I'd also do the pike fly swap if it's ok to submit a known pike pattern even if I haven't caught a pike on it yet.

Here are some other swap ideas I've been thinking of: crawfish imitations, poppers, foam-bodied panfish bugs, dragonfly imitations

Q

flyjkol
01-03-2005, 11:37 PM
I might be interested. Not much of a carp flyfisher, I'd sit that one out. I'm open for all others, really like the crayfish swap idea. How about an all-natural-material pike/bass swap? It'd be my first swap, I'd need some information, but I'm game.

FKrow
01-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Mark,

Count me in for any of the swaps you decide to launch.

I have a pike fly that has been very productive for me on the Connecticut River.

I would also like to see some Carp patterns, may have to research that area for my fly.

Regards,
Fred Krow

Dble Haul
01-04-2005, 12:02 PM
It's good to see some interest. I'll keep this open for another week or so to give others a chance to chime in, then we can decide which way to go.

John Desjardins
01-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm up for a swap.

Dble Haul
01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
I've started separate threads for carp, pike, and crayfish swaps. Please indicate in the appropriate thread which swaps you'd like to participate in.