Mark LeBlanc flies [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Mark LeBlanc flies

Charlie
12-31-2004, 01:24 PM
There have been more than a few threads on flies tied by Mark LeBlanc lately, among them the Jones Special and Picasse. And while these flies are 2 of his best he does have some others that are very good fish catchers and generally good looking flies. I have several of Marks flies that where given to me by a mutual friend, so I thought I would put them on the board for review. Keep in mind that these where tied by Mark to be fished, and at least one of them was in the water so they do have that traveled look.

The first one is the Rallye. It is tied Dee-style. The second is called the Aldo. Word has it that the original was tied with a wing of golden retriever tail hair from (you guessed it) a dog by the name of Aldo. Mark also tied the third but the name escapes me. There are some users on the board who know Mark so perhaps they will chime in and let us know the name of this one.

Charlie

wrke
12-31-2004, 09:50 PM
The third fly has one of my favorite names for any fly: Soft Trigger. And Marc ties it using two feathers from one of our favorite Eastern birds the Ruffed Grouse. Wing is from the grouse tail, front hackle is body feather. In larger sizes, I use turkey for the wing.
Bill

Charlie
01-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Thanks Bill!

Charlie.