: Danbury Show

Adrian
12-29-2004, 01:03 PM
http://www.flyfishingu.net/theshow.htm

Less than two weeks and it begins all over again :D

Who's going?

Dble Haul
12-29-2004, 01:08 PM
I plan to be there on Sunday. I haven't been to this one yet and am looking forward to it.

BARDY
12-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I have not been to this show. Thinking about going Friday and staying over till Saturday. Is it very crowded?

juro
12-29-2004, 11:50 PM
This is not a huge show, smaller than Marlboro but very very nice. It's a very pleasant crowd. I plan on being there again this year, let's hook up for dinner.

FKrow
12-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Juro,
I will be at the Danbury show on Friday and Saturday, will you have a table for CND rods? Would like to discuss casting and lines for my new Atlantis rods with you.

I had a short demo casting session with the new CND Classic 9'8" 3-pc. for 6/7/8 lines, very nice design.

Regards,
Fred Krow

juro
12-31-2004, 07:14 AM
Fred, et. al. -

At this point I expect to attend the show and look forward to meeting up with you! I hope we get a warm spell like last year, allowing us to spend a lot of time casting outside.

I've been invited to hang out with sponsor Tight Lines Flyfishing who will have a booth at the show, and will be also saying hello to all of our sponsors and CND dealers who will be there.

I can't break from work Friday but Sat and maybe Sun as well should be do-able. Is it Friday, Sat and Sun?

FKrow
12-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Yes, the show is Jan 7, 8 & 9, it is a smaller show than Marlboro or Somerset however, the orginizer, Jim Krul has a great group of tyers and dealers scheduled.

Here is URL for more details, time, etc.

http://www.flyfishingu.net/

Regards,
Fred Krow

Jimmy
01-01-2005, 10:27 AM
I Should be able to attend on the 8th and 9th.

Adrian
01-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I could do any daytime except the Friday.

What's the thinking for a dinner get together one evening?

As Penguin would say, my calendar is 'Phlexible' - Friday, Saturday or Sunday work for me.

BARDY
01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Juro, I'm going down Friday morning, so if you are around after the show maybe we can hook-up for dinner
Brian

Striper
01-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Juro,
I enjoyed our meeting last year at the show and plan to do it again this year. If I hear you correctly you will be there on Saturday for sure Right? Let me know what your definite plans are you can PM and I will send you my cell number again, I still have yours as long as it is the same as last year? I am looking forward to seeing you again and BS'ing some fishing stuff.

Mike M.

juro
01-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Mike -

Great time for sure! Almost as much fun as fishin' Rhody with you.

I had family commitments I could not disappoint today but am hoping to make the drive tomorrow (160 miles each way :Eyecrazy: ) unless things get messed up in the meantime. We got several inches of fresh snow today, but it should be good driving tomorrow.

Dble Haul
01-10-2005, 09:44 AM
I made it to the show on Sunday and had a good time. Nice to see Lefty still throwing the whole line in the casting pool. :smokin:

We sat in on a few seminars, and the one on fishing the Norwalk Islands really fired us up. Have to hit that area at least once this upcoming season.

Jimmy
01-10-2005, 11:30 AM
I hit the show for a couple of hours on Sunday. It's always a good show. Didn't see anyone from the Forum but did see a few people I did know. Didn't make the seminar on the Norwalk Islands. Believe it or not, I was too busy talking. :roll: Not as busy this year as in years past.

Hey Mark. Back when I had a boat, I fish the Noralk Islands alot. I'll have to work on that boat thing over the winter. :wink: :wink: There are also several very good ares aroud Norwalk with shore access. This Spring???

Dble Haul
01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes please. :D

Adrian
01-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I stopped by on Saturday for a couple of hours. I figured the weather had something to do with the low attendance - lots of space in the parking lot this year.

I ran into a few faces and said hi to the Temple Fork guys (Jake and John) - their stuff gets better and better. They have a new reel coming out - not even any paperwork yet but it looks and feels like a winner.

Sorry I missed the Norwalks seminar.

Jimmy
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Mark,

Sounds like a plan. Maybe we can talk Adrian and others into joining us. Remember guys, The fish arrive here before they arrive on Monomoy. :devil: :wink: :wink:

Adrian
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
You betcha :smokin: