FS: Old Florida No. 66 Large Arbor [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FS: Old Florida No. 66 Large Arbor

kenneyk
12-19-2004, 10:02 AM
For sale: one black Old Florida Large Arbor fly reel, model No. 66, rated for 10-12 wt fly lines, and can hold more than 300 yards of 65 lb. PowerPro gelspun backing with a 12 wt fly line. Perfect for salmon, stripers, tarpon, bonefish, redfish, permit, tuna, dolphin (not the mammal), kingfish, and other fish that require large capacity backing.

The drag system is 100% natural cork like the higher priced Tibor, Fin-Nor, and Abel reels. Another great thing about Old Florida Reels is that they feature full interchangeability with Stand Arbor, Large Arbor, and Super Arbor spools on the same housings. This means that a No 6. Standard Arbor spool can be replaced by both a No.66 Large Arbor or No. 6SA Super Arbor spool on the same housing. Thus, different spools can cover 6 line weights for extreme versatility.

This reel is in excellent, like new condition! I bought this reel about three years ago, brought it on a boat once, and it was cast for about 15 minutes. No fish seen on that day, thus it has really never been fished. Last year, because I had planned on going fishing again, I sent in the reel to Old Florida to overhaul (i.e., regrease drag, etc). Their comment was it is brand new and does not need anything. Even though extra money was spent for them to look at it and shipping, my fishing trip fell through. Not too surprising. I have another No. 66 in the same condition, which will also be sold soon. It will make a great Holiday gift for someone who will actually use it. I paid US $300, and am asking only $200.

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/herpetology/kk/oldfloridareel66-front.jpg
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/herpetology/kk/oldfloridareel66-back.jpg

The photographs provided are of the actual reel, however, the line and backing were removed and given to a friend. Thus, this reel does not come with line or backing. Buyer pays $10 USPS priority. Shipping within USA only, no international shipping. I will accept Paypal, personal checks, and money orders. If personal check, the reel will be sent out only after the check has cleared. Please ask any questions and I appreciate your interest.