Just checking in [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Just checking in

Morania
12-16-2004, 11:35 PM
I had gotten started casting and found this forum. Got some good advice. Then we started haveing babies. After about two years of threatening to go fishing, I found a pond up in Maryland while I was at a seafarers school. (I'm still busy but found a break.) It was chock-a-block full of "sac au lait". They were a little slow from the cold but very coopertive. I was throwing my old faithful chartreuse gel grub on a long slim brass hook with a long piece of carbon for leader/tippet. Nothing fancy. Had a blast.
Glad to see there's a still place I can type this where someone might even care.

Moonlight
12-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Between your attending "Seafarers School" and your Signature Statement I was wondering if you have a Black Beard and carry a Parrot on your shoulder? :chuckle:
I'm not sure what you were catching (sounds like something they make at Starbucks) but it sounds like you had a great time catching them. Just getting some time out and finding peace and quiet is the real challange most of us face.

salt dog
12-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Raising kids is the only good excuse for not taking time out for fishing. As they get older, and, or course, are taught how to fly fish, it is vitally important for their proper education that they continue to learn on good, safe waters, and thus you need to spend more and more time researching out the best waters first by yourself or with fishing buddies. At least that's what my wife accepted as my excuse. :D