Speyclave Redirect [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Speyclave Redirect

kush
12-16-2004, 01:53 AM
For those of you who haven't already figured it out, there has been a change. The speyclave is now accessed from the icon at the top of the forum (as DoubleHaul noted). Eveything is still there, but the way to get there has changed.

Brian Simonseth
12-16-2004, 02:47 AM
I think we have some people drinking to much tea.

juro
12-16-2004, 05:22 AM
Also, some of the very long page layout will be made more concise over the next few weeks; meaning that some of the other groups will be links and not a huge linear listing with scrolling being the only way to read it.

My feeling was that the Speyclave (and speypages.com) was always much more than just another category in the Flyfishing Forum; it is and always has been Dana's Spey site and discussion area and this was getting a little lost as just another part of the Forum. It would be like asking Dana to put the Forum into the speypages! So I thought this layout was important for a number of reasons.

Personally I prefer to click than scroll, don't know about you. In fact each major section will have a little more identity even within the Forum categories - the striper board, the steelhead board, the art of casting, and most of all the rest of the site itself will get a lot more work.

Let's face it - people read the board every day but rarely look at the rest of the site. My challenges include to make the rest of the site something people read everyday!

There's a long list on my plate for the winter. Feel free to ask any questions about the site and I will do my best to answer them - although not all answers are determined yet and we (as always) make many decisions as they pop up.

Juro

fishinfool
12-16-2004, 08:42 AM
I would like to see some of the older stickies deleted more often. Some of the pages have so many of them, it becomes cumbersome to scroll through to see if there are new messages down below.