rod repair [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: rod repair

Slinger
12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Times being what they are, the old mom + pop shops, at least pops, are a thing of the past. I had a custom wrapped rod for my new son in law made at Murats but now thats gone. He snapped the tip while moving and I need to get it repaired. My problem is, Who still does rod repairs in this age of send it back under warrenty or buy a new one? This is a work of a craftsman and I don`t want to have it end up on the scrap heap.
Slinger

Paxton
12-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Steve, I don't know where you live, but if you want great work, try Cote's Fly Shop in Leicester, Mass. (about 5 miles west of Worcester, off rt 9). The shop is in the cellar of his house.....he makes custom rods/repairs and teaches courses in rod building. I've never needed a repair but have seen his work, I have no doubt that you will be satisfied.
Ron

Penguin
12-05-2004, 04:15 PM
When I visit Smitty at the Rod Builders Workshop, he's frequently involved in building rods (how ironic!)...
I see his logo pop up in the sponsor corner so he might be another option?!
Otherwise...DuctTape! :wink:

IronMike
12-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Yeah, Cote's rocks - my wife great up as a neighbor of his, great family. If you are near Plymouth maybe Big Pete can help you out?