Lack of Chrome [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Lack of Chrome

Leland Miyawaki
11-23-2004, 05:16 PM
I bailed out of my office today for a couple hours to fish a favorite run on the Sky. The river was at 2800cfs and rising but fished well. I landed a good bull trout, on a black and red/violet Popsicle, that gave a fair account of itself out in the heavy water. Afterwards, I stopped at the "Tacos El Rey" roach coach for a plate full of adovada tacos and still beat the rain back into the city. Ahhh yes, a good day but for lack of chrome.

Leland.

Doublespey
11-23-2004, 06:29 PM
maybe he can help you too! :smokin: :hihi:

NrthFrk16
11-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Winter is still knocking on the door but the fishies have already made an entrance. :)

btw-Who says brats won't take a fly???? :devil: :lildevl: :smokin:

Moonlight
11-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a decent start but with the morning weather folks talking floods we will have new water to be searching around in while eating leftover Turkey lunches!
I saw an interesting use of military hardware the other day. I was fishing a very local stream and I encountered a group of young fellows crowded around a Hatchery outfall creek two of them were wearing ear-pices and when I walked up on them from behind they were very suprised ( I used a trail known only to me and a few black bears). I chatted a breif Hello as I walked past and waded the riffle over to the "reular trail" back to where the cars all park. I noticed these little black boxes along the trail they were probably hidden but due to my past life I have a habit of looking for trip wires and such. These guys had set out electronic listening post to be alerted of the approach of 1 predatory monsters, 2 other anglers , or 3,Law Enforcement trying in vain to arrest poachers!
Can you imagine? t
This is incredible I hope I dreamed this one up but I am pretty sure I saw what I saw. :whoa:
Turkeyvor

rich_simms
11-25-2004, 02:02 AM
Winter is still knocking on the door but the fishies have already made an entrance. :)

btw-Who says brats won't take a fly???? :devil: :lildevl: :smokin:

Pink worm under a float doesn't count :lildevl: :eek:

roballen2
11-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Sparkey
maybe them chambers creek "steelhead" actually bite up north there but dang it 6 years of effort down here and i have got one and that was a kelt.. umm whats a hatchery kelt doing in the river??? :mad:

anyway nice story Leland thanks, i got off work an hour early yesterday and was gonna hit a run on the Washougal but i my license wasn't in my truck. :tsk_tsk:

Smoked chambers creek "steelhead" mmmmmm

JDJones
11-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Sparkey
was gonna hit a run on the Washougal but i my license wasn't in my truck. :tsk_tsk:
I did that once. Now I carry my license in that pocket of my (Tilly) hat.

pescaphile
11-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Moonlight,
Are you sure that you didn't run across John Ashcroft and Alberto Gonzales?!