Doublespey's Secret Obsession [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Doublespey's Secret Obsession

NrthFrk16
11-21-2004, 12:24 AM
I was browsing another site this evening and ran across a picture of our beloved Doublespey partaking in a certain fishery........

I am a little offended that he did not share that picture with all of us on The Forum. :( :mad:

...in all honesty however, that is one mighty fine chum! :)

KerryS
11-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Eeeeeeuuuuuuwwwwwww

Big K1
11-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Woof! Woof! :chuckle:

rich_simms
11-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Which ones the fish? :hihi:

mattzoid
11-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Oh man, he touched it.

Leland Miyawaki
11-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Sparky,

You and I had been keeping Doublespey on the straight and narrow. On the one day he goes out without us, he falls into the darkside. I'm thinking all he wanted was something big on the end of his line and it didn't have to be a steelhead. No wonder he didn't invite us!

Leland.

fredaevans
11-21-2004, 04:27 PM
In their 'spawning colours' they are less than 'crome,' but on the end of a fly rod I'd really have one of 'them' than a King or Coho. Brute strength!!

juro
11-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Don't worry buddy...

I'll stick up for you!! :hihi:

debarb
11-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Now that's funny, Juro.

Doublespey
11-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Nice Job Sparks! I was just thinking about you - and how it's time for another Women in Waders calender to be issued. :hihi:

and Thanks Juro - I'm so grateful for the chrome highlights that I won't even talk about what I landed that beast on. :wink:

Yeah, I was slummin! Those chum were unbelievably strong - we had several that came fully outta the water. That big dog in the picture did three jumps completely clear, including 1 cartwheel (i gave it a 9.5). The hens were small and bright and the bucks were . . . well, you know . . . Dogs. :D

The funniest thing was that my two biggest fish took a tiny #6 fly.

Hey, my spey rod was getting lazy and needed a bit of exercise. :smokin: :lildevl:

Doublespey
11-22-2004, 10:36 AM
"Straight and Narrow"???? :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :lildevl:

SalmoGairdneri
11-22-2004, 10:52 AM
We were trying for, um, steelhead. Do you mean that's not a steelhead?

-tony

Sparky,

You and I had been keeping Doublespey on the straight and narrow. On the one day he goes out without us, he falls into the darkside. I'm thinking all he wanted was something big on the end of his line and it didn't have to be a steelhead. No wonder he didn't invite us!

Leland.

local
11-22-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm so grateful for the chrome highlights that I won't even talk about what I landed that beast on. :wink:

Must have been the Chumstice, I hear they work well, although I prefer the Chumtracker. !!!

local

Willie Gunn
11-22-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm so grateful for the chrome highlights that I won't even talk about what I landed that beast on. :wink:

The funniest thing was that my two biggest fish took a tiny #6 fly.

:

Was a SS special ?

Doublespey
11-22-2004, 05:51 PM
The only difference was the lime green (instead of bubblegum pink) floss and a bit o' tan rabbit. Same #6 Tiemco 105 hook. Damn, I've forgotten to thank SS for the inspiration. Thanks for noticing that WG! :razz:

Another funny thing - you can't see it in the picture but that fish had a really unusual marking. At first I thought it was a net scar, but then on closer examination I found a tiny "GO HUSKIES" tattooed behind the gill plate. No wonder he was so pi$$ed off! :hihi: :lildevl: :eek:

TIC,

DS

Brian Simonseth
11-22-2004, 06:14 PM
HMMM!

The Old SS Fly in lime green.