Giving Thanks [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Giving Thanks

juro
11-20-2004, 01:36 PM
A lady went into the local bank the other day asking to verify her account balance. She is an older woman with no family planning Thanksgiving between Social Security checks. The teller was brought to tears when she saw the account balance was $20 and change.

Not long after the customer left, the teller had an idea. She called her church and arranged for a special Thanksgiving dinner to be prepared and delivered to a certain elderly lady in town. I caught wind of this and thought I would share the true story as we approach the Thanksgiving season with our families.

As the settlers did over 3 centuries ago, I hope that this week we are all able to reap some of the rewards from what we sow into the fertile soil of our relationships throughout the year, and find a way to give a little of our bounty to those who could use a helping hand.

fredaevans
11-20-2004, 09:35 PM
This story truely 'encaptions' what Thanks-Giving is really all about.

Huge Hugs to you (and to ALL OF YOU!!!); life is short, family is what's it's really all about. Everything else goes away, Family is always there .. some times we just have to ask .. or be asked.....

(side-bar: learned of a similar situation a couple of years ago at the Key Bank branch where I had my office in Medford. The 'customer' was informed she would be 'picked up' at x'o'clock .. spent the afternoon-evening with three different families over the course of the day. To my knowledge, she still does .. including Christ's Mass.)

Dble Haul
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
I agree that we should remember what Thanksgiving is all about. I also think that we should try our hardest to not just confine these feelings to a holiday season. Instead, we should strive to incorporate them into our lives year round.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Luv2flyfish
11-23-2004, 01:48 AM
To all of my Internet Fishing Buddies, and all of your families and loved ones....

Happy Thanksgivin'!

I hope everyone has a great day Thursday.

Jay

BobK
11-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Wishing all of you and your families a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely, BobK :)

DEERHAAWK
11-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Good Turkey Day!
Thanks for all the folks on the Forum, Hope yoy all are having a great day!
The storm has parted, and the sky is clear!
Deerhawk