FDH Schoolies Today [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: FDH Schoolies Today

Striper
11-16-2004, 05:12 PM
F= Fat.....D= Dumb.........H= Happy to eat whatever you threw at them :hihi:

I took the boat out today for what might be the last voyage of the 2004 boating season. The weather forecast was too good not to make a run. I headed west towards Norwalk due to recent reports of schooling fish in that vicinity. Went all the way to Greens Ledge without so much as a splash? Lots of birds sitting and waiting but no fish and the fishfinder was so blank I started to think that maybe it was not working. Went out to buoy 11B and tried some deep fishing but to no avail, lots of boats working the area but I never saw anyone catch anything. Headed over to Eatons Neck to look around nothing doing there but again lots of birds waiting around. I headed back towards Norwalk via 11B and had a small flock of birds start working some fish on top, unfortunately I did not hookup and there was not alot of fish in the school. I decided to start back towards Milford around 2:30 on my way back I finally found the schools of fish off of Penfield. Tons of birds and fish breaking. All small bass maybe 20" was the biggest but at that point I did not care. They ate everything I threw at them, rubber, feathers, top waters, didn't matter they were chowing down on peanuts and anything in their way got inhaled. I managed about 15-20 fish before I decided it was time to head back to the barn. Beautiful day with little wind and warm temps made for a bonus late fall run in the boat.

Tightlines,
Soon to be Capt. Mike Mayo
HardCore Light Tackle Adventures

FishHawk
11-17-2004, 04:20 AM
Like the name of your Charter,Capt. Mike. FishHawk :D