Wanted - A Vice (I Mean, Vise) [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Wanted - A Vice (I Mean, Vise)

Skokomish
11-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Help. In anticipation of nailing a deal for a Nor-Vise that I had found on sale, I stupidly sold my Renzetti (thinking of course that I was the only person that knew about the Nor-Vise, right?). Anyway, the Nor-Vise deal was scooped up by someone else and I am without a vise. At this point I have a working budget of about $175-$200. I am not stuck on getting a Nor-Vise ...the one I thought I was getting was at a great price and that was part of why I was leaning towards the Nor Vise. Anyone with a good quality rotary vise that is underused and they may want to part with, please contact me, Steve Cole, at skokomish@hotmail.com. thanks all

Steve

loophitech
11-16-2004, 09:33 AM
If you have $200 just save $50 more and you could have a new Nor-Vise. They are exceptional vises and definitely made my tying MUCH easier.

I believe I saw one on Ebay recently. Great deal too!

Vinnie

Penguin
11-16-2004, 11:14 AM
I bought this from Norm years ago when he was in New England for a show...
A standard smaller older version...
Perfect shape and mounted on a 9"x15" hardwood board
Tastes great...Less filling?!
I use and very much enjoy the larger "saltwater" version...
Don't need two...
Make an appropriate offer...if it smells good, we can go from there!

IMHO...To fully enjoy Norm's ingenuity...
I'd suggest getting a Norlander automatic bobbin...
Once you use it, NO REGRETS!

loophitech
11-16-2004, 11:36 AM
I'll second the automatic bobbin! It beats thumbing the extra thread!!! :)

Vinnie

Skokomish
11-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Penguin...

so far I have located one other at $175 and after the shipping that would leave me nothing for a bobbin if I stay in my budget. What do you think you would need for your's? Also, when you say it is a "smaller" version, I am not sure what you mean... are those smaller jaws? I tie alot of flies on hooks in the 8 thru 2 range... would the jaws on yours handle that? Sorry for all the questions but feel like I need to know. Thanks.

Steve