Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rhody Last Ditch Effort

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Quentin 
#1 ·
All,

I have needed to get one more shot in and it looks like I do have one last naive friend convinced that we're going to hook up like wild men. So it's Thursday morning. We're leaving at 4:45 from S. Maine and will be on the water by 6:45.

Now I need help. I'm looking for your vote. Should I launch at Point Judith or Barn Island? What are the best chances?

THANKS - Bob

#3 ·
Both ramps are very good Bob, the deciding factor should be where are the fish? From what I am hearing and I have not been up there lately is that there are still alot of fish around the Watch Hill area and Napatree. So based on this I would launch at Barn Island. This will also give you the opportunity to fish a wider area west and try out the backside of Fishers island for sure. If it is slow you can head west and check out Niantic and the area around there, Millstone Nuke plant outflow has been giving up some huge bluefish of late and you will be almost guaranteed some fish there.

Mike M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.