Ganets=Herring! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Ganets=Herring!

bonefishmon
11-13-2004, 08:02 AM
The Ganets have arrived off the Rhody beaches along with 6-10 inch herring according to Tim Coleman's recent report. It's a sight in itself just watching in awe as these beautiful creatures dive full force into the water for their food. It's snowing as I type and I WILL be out this afternoon on the dropping tide. I don't care how cold it is! Fishing with neophrene gloves and lots of fleece. If you see a white Ford Tempo please stop and say hello. Weekapaug to the Andrea Hotel is my game plan.

Phil

bonefishmon
11-13-2004, 03:15 PM
What a morning! Lots of birds and fish. 16-28 inch bass and some blues mixed in. It was still snowing as my son and I were hooking up with fish right at my feet. Headed back out for the drop. It's not over yet!!!!!!

Phil

Quentin
11-13-2004, 04:06 PM
What a morning! Lots of birds and fish. 16-28 inch bass and some blues mixed in. It was still snowing as my son and I were hooking up with fish right at my feet. Headed back out for the drop. It's not over yet!!!!!!

Phil

Awesome! Hope they're still hungry tomorrow!

Q

JimW
11-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Hmmm! Maybe I do fish in the snow.

Thanks for the report.

bonefishmon
11-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Wind was out of the north the last few days. I didn't hurt the fishing one bit. In fact it acutually helps with the casting on the RI beaches. The area between Quonny and the Weekapaug Breechway have been best in the morning on the incoming tides. Hooked one that I did not land. Tightened down the drag a bit 5 minutues into the fight and ping! Line was chaffed from the rocks. Could even have been a big blue.
Don't give up just yet folks! Dress warm and get out there!!!!!!!!!

Phil