Bonefishing Destination On Film [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bonefishing Destination On Film

flybyday
11-12-2004, 08:40 AM
We found this film via a friend who saw it at The Jackson Hole Film Festival.
The odd thing for world travelers and outdoorsman(women) is that the magic
of the flats is something we could NOT find on any TV or show DVD...Why? We've
been frustrated as the next person to figure it out. No money? No filmmakers devote time to it?? Anyway, this is the real deal. Anyone seen it? It's native guides on Andros Bahamas and awesome locations and yep, big fish. This guy knew what he was doing and I can comfortably say: Finally, one film delivers the magic of thte flats and shows why people travel the world. Hope he makes more! We found it through word of mouth at HowardFilms.com and it's a kick and not the usual item! Enjoy... M. Czako

slyfox
11-12-2004, 02:27 PM
I assume you're referring to the film with Andy Smith as the fisherman and Charlie Neymour as the guide. This DVD can be purchased thru Westbank Anglers for, I think, about $25. It is well done. I have fished with both these guys and they are two of the best guides on Andros.

flybyday
11-12-2004, 05:29 PM
yep, Andy Smith is in it.
I actually got it at Howardfilms.com (they have a free trailer too!)
lots of cool info on it from the makers as well....

jamie
11-15-2004, 09:00 AM
This is a good film, with a friendly narrative and richly coloured photography. Watched it about a dozen times now and most impressed. They shipped it over to the UK.

Good angle too, with the guides showing how to fish for bones and the talk of legendary fish whilst sitting on the Quay.

castitall
11-20-2004, 04:34 PM
it is new territory for fishing films. amen.
grab one....and hope they make another!
and by the way, the "deans of the flat" are hilarious!

c dean

juro
11-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Getting a bit commercial...

Do you think they would be interested in really getting some attention as sponsors? Drop them a line.

castitall
11-20-2004, 08:35 PM
the usual films now are too commercial?
I agree...and formulaic.
If these guys got sponsors they would change the game.
they already are... no empty dialogue....or lame filler shots.
i read the site and got the impression it is a "labor of love" venture
below the radar...but seeking capital...

juro
11-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Um... I was talking about your posts, promoting this venture.

Our policy is to contact the benefactor in your own words suggesting sponsorship of this not-for-profit website if you promote / provide web links to said business on this site (as detailed on the membership agreement).

thank you

Juro Mukai
Founder, Flyfishing Forum