Capts. Test Results [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Capts. Test Results

Striper
11-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Well tonight was the big night, had to put all of my newly acquired knowledge to the test. I studied all day in my sleep attire until about 3:00 pm. then showered, studied some more and ate some food. I got to the test site and believe me I was not feeling too confident but it was too late and if I didn't know it when I got there then I was not going to get it in time. There are 4 seperate tests, Nav. General, Deck general, Rules of the Road, and then the dreaded charting and plotting. I took the three first tests because I was confident on those and wanted to save the most time for charting which has given me fits the whole time. I finished up the first three initial tests in about an hour, there were 110 questions in those tests. Then I started the charting which only had 10 questions. It took me the remainder of the 3 hours to finish the charting. After I was done I was very worried, I asked Capt. Bob (owner of Mariners School) how many I could miss on the charting and he just said "You are probably one of those guy's who whines and then aces everything" I said I doubt it. He scored the charting first and I aced that he continued with the rest and as he suspected I ACED the whole damn test. YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! The stress is finally over! Now I have to finish up the loose ends i.e. Drug Test, First Aid, CPR, finger prints, Sea time form, etc. and then send it all to a guy who will walk it through for me at the USCG office in NY. It should take 2 weeks after that to get the actual license paperwork. I just want to thank everyone that pushed me to do this, if not for my wife and you guy's I probably still would not have signed up.

Mike M.

Slinger
11-11-2004, 01:15 AM
All right Mike! Congratulations and well done. All that worry over nothing, everyone here knew you were a sure thing, but sweatin the details is what makes you so good. I assure you there won`t be any openings on your calendar. Perhaps I should get my reservation in early for the FA`s next year.
Slinger

FishHawk
11-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Good for you. Will take a charter with you one of these days for FA . Maybe this time I'll get one in the boat. :chuckle:
FishHawk

juro
11-11-2004, 07:18 AM
You da man! I had a sneaky suspicion that you would do well.

CONGRATS!!

Adrian
11-11-2004, 07:49 AM
Congratulations Mike!

All the hard effort has paid off and I wish you every success in your new chartering venture!

Your clients are in for a very special experience! :smokin:

Dble Haul
11-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Why am I not surprised that you did so well? :wink:

Congratulations!

Striper
11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks again guy's I am greatly humbled by your generous and kind words of encouragement. I can only hope to live up to all of your and my expectations to the highest possible degree. If I do half as well as some I have seen out there it will all have been worth it.

Mike M.

SageBoy
11-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Great job Mike! I am confident that you will be rewarded for your efforts.

Chris
11-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Nicely done, man.
Hope I can do so well when the time comes.