Time to move on. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Time to move on.

sinktip
11-03-2004, 04:02 PM
My fellow Pacific Northwest Steelhead forum members, it is with some sadness that I am writing to inform you that I have resigned as moderator of the forum. After 3+ years, it was simply time to move on and leave the administration of the forum to others.

I have enjoyed the friends I have made on the forum and look forward to continuing to spend time with them ON THE RIVER. My decision to step aside is made easier knowing the board will be left in Andre’s good hands.

I will not be gone completely though and will continue to post from time to time as a regular member. Take care and tight lines to all.

sinktip

jjohnson
11-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Tip,

Thanks for all your work.

JJ

Big K1
11-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Mr. Tip,

Good fishing to ya'.

Thanks.

Leland Miyawaki
11-03-2004, 08:11 PM
See ya around our favorite hole'Tip, but only if I can get up early enough.

Leland.

Doublespey
11-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Well 'tip, I for one will miss your smarta$$ quips. :biggrin:

Hell, you'd think you weren't getting enuf time on the water. :rolleyes: All of us who have seen you walking ~out~ of a run we'd arrived to fish at first light know better!!! :lildevl: :lildevl:

As a co-moderator with you eons ago, I also wanted to say Thanks! As Juro's often mentioned, its the contributions of the members that keep this place a favored drift on that immense electronic river that is the Internet.

see ya on the river,

DS

Moonlight
11-03-2004, 11:46 PM
I "Hope" we meet again some where over the rainbow, maybe soon!

tbuehrens
11-04-2004, 12:26 PM
You have done an excellent job here. Thank you for all of your hard work. I still hope to get out fishing some time with you!
-Thomas Buehrens

andre
11-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Brian, the best is when he pulls up in his waders with vest at o dark thirty and he lives 45 minutes from the river.

OC
11-04-2004, 03:17 PM
HEY, WILL ALL OF YOU HOLD ON HERE A SECOND!

He is just stepping down as moderator and his wise ass cracks we have to assume will still enlighten our site. See I even think I can get away with saying ass now that he is not one of the moderators.

Sinktip my friend, the only one around here that has the balls to get up at god knows what hour and be there on time to fish with me. Just want to say that you have done such a great job here as moderator. Your one of the few or should I say was one of the few republicans that thought out issues before you responded instead of using just your emotions.

You did a great job and we are all proud of you. Though this site, NW Steelhead is not large in volume of posters it is read by many members from other places here at flytalk and by many who are just guests. You have fought hard for the NW traditions of what steelheading should be and needs to be in our fly fishing community if we are going to have a sane world to fish in. I believe that many newbies with all their over enthusiasim for quick results at any cost have learned well from your comments on the values of traditional swinging. We are a better world for it and thank you for your hard work.

Looking forward to the next political talk session sitting by the river at 4am until it's time for one of us to say the magic words, "you want the upper run, the one below or do you want to just sit here drinking single malt and watch them those there steelhead swim up river?" Fish on....