Curse's [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Curse's

Moonlight
10-26-2004, 10:44 PM
27 outs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

NrthFrk16
10-26-2004, 10:48 PM
27 outs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

Or should you say within the next 27 outs we will see how the curse will manifest itself once again? :wink:

....will it be Mueller or Ortiz that boots the ball?? :razz:

DEERHAAWK
10-26-2004, 11:22 PM
GO BO' SOX! :chuckle: :cool: :cool:
:hihi: :biggrin: :wink:
:) :lildevl: :tongue:
:D

flydoc
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
and he gave the Cards one hell of a spanking!!!! Now for D-Lo to put the lid on it!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Doc Shep

DEERHAAWK
10-27-2004, 12:55 AM
No Curse, 1 more to go...........Bo Sox! :) :cool: :smile: :wink: :hihi: :p :chuckle: :smokin:

Dble Haul
10-27-2004, 08:07 AM
As a Cardinal fan who grew up in Maine, I'm torn. At this point I'd really prefer to see the Bosox win, but I'd prefer to see a more competitive series.

If that happened to be Pedro's last outing in a Sox uniform, he did himself and Boston proud.

removed_by_request
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
I was at game 6 of the NLCS last year, turned to my brother and said 5 outs to go.

The rest is history, be it bartman or the goat the cubs curse came up and reared its ugly head.

Be in awe of the curse, I am now!! It was like some unknown power heard me and said that will be enough of that, bam Cubs lose game 6 and 7. No world series, no joy in Chi-town.

That was one hell of a ride home my friends..

Moonlight
10-27-2004, 10:51 AM
I read that the Goat Curse is more awesome in power than the Bambino Curse and the Cardinals have more ex Cubbies than the BoSox so in the realm of Goat Curse theorist the Cards are a slam dunk to loose and by the looks of Suppan on the base path last night I thought it looked like just maybe the curse was on :Eyecrazy:
Some Sports writer had actually gone through all the World Seies rosters and had come up with the "Factoid" that no team having more than 3 ex Cubbies had ever one the World Series. Halloween is coming the Election is coming there are lots of scary things around I think I will drive out to the river and scare up a fish its a beautiful day here in the Pacific Nortwest,

Go Sox

DEERHAAWK
10-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Tic....Tic.....Tic...
Go Bo Sox!
Tic....Tic.....Tic
Go Bo Sox! :)
:chuckle: :wink: :cool:
:biggrin: :tongue: :cool:
:hihi:

flyjkol
10-27-2004, 09:22 PM
meaning that once the red sox win the moon will fall out of the sky.

Penguin
10-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Eclipse from the PharSide...kinda' red but no sign of falling just yet!

For Sale by owner...Tickets for Game 5...

NrthFrk16
10-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Even curses can be kind every now and then.

I think it maybe another 80-so-odd years before you win another World Championship.

Congrats! ;)

DEERHAAWK
10-27-2004, 11:01 PM
No Curse!
Congrats, Boys! Ya dun well! :wink:

From an old time Wosta native.
Dahawk

(Now donfagetapuchaswetaon!)

NrthFrk16
10-27-2004, 11:09 PM
btw-Baseball withdrawls officially begin....NOW! :(

MarkDoogue
10-28-2004, 06:45 PM
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/sox_moon.jpg

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD2004_WS_flag_ps.jpg

flydoc
10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Mmmmm......Red Sox ditch Nomar to Cubbies and win World Series for first time in 86 years.....Yankees acquire A-Rod and proceed to lose 3-0 lead to Red Sox in ALCS....toss-up as to which should end up with "billy goat" horns....we'll have to see how next year pans out...OOOPS...SOX WIN TWO IN A ROW!!!!!!! :hihi: :hihi:
Doc Shep

Moonlight
10-28-2004, 11:52 PM
:lildevl:Brrrrrrrrr. why is it getting so cold? :devil:
Hey did everybody catch all the little VooDoo moves Pedro was flashing at his own team mates? What a fun time for all Baseball fans. Got skunked fishing but made it back home in time to watch the fourth (8th in a row) and final game.

removed_by_request
10-29-2004, 06:55 AM
The goat belongs to the cubs, it is a Chicago icon. I have seen as many as 3 idiots dressed as goats when I attend the games.

We can send bartman to the yanks if you want... :biggrin:

flydoc
10-29-2004, 04:07 PM
I really feel badly for the Cubs...I went to med school in Iowa City and went to a couple of Cubs games at Wrigley during the late 80's when Harry was still doing the 7th inning stretch song...first they got the billy goat, then bartman, NOW NOMAR....a triple whammy...maybe they can ditch Nomar and bartman will move to the Bronx, then they'll just have the goat to deal with.....great park and great fans, just like Boston...hope they win one soon (only not next year, the Sox need to repeat first!!!). :lildevl:
Doc Shep

removed_by_request
10-30-2004, 11:51 AM
as long as sammy soulless (or soso) is on the team they will go no further than 2003.

he is a cancer in the clubhouse.

rumor around town is that when he ditched the team on the final game(he said he left in 7th, video said he left 15mins before game time) someone took a bat to his beloved boom-box and rendered it useless. :D should have been done a long time ago.