Noahth Shoah Ovuh, Chowdah [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Noahth Shoah Ovuh, Chowdah

Lefty
10-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Well I did the Nahant to Gloucester inspection Sat. and it was over. Of course I extend hope of the one more surprise blitz happening and I'm not washing my gear out yet. But this NE blow has killed it. Water is murky and the bait is scattered. The fish are off shore and moving south.
So instead of whining I celebrated the Sox and the ocean with a New England chowder. Chowder Bob would be proud. None of this thick stuff, roux, spoon standup thickness. Just the essence with milk, potatoes,cod, onions, some bacon fat. Ooooooo baby. I served it to neighbors with Corn Bread made in the skillet made with bacon chuncks and roasted red peppers mixed in. Yup, then the game, and life is good. Thanks to everyone I met on the water for a great season.

(I'm not saying a dash to Rhodey is out of the question :devil: )

Lefty

Nick
10-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Yup, Lefty, I think my kayak will get its winter storage this weekend and the gear a good cleaning. Time to dig out the ski boots and get my boards waxed. The guns were tested at Killington a week ago and the season pass just arrived in the mail...

JimW
10-25-2004, 05:50 PM
I need a fish fix, I'm going to try to swing a mid-week trip to Rhody. If mid-week falls through I might have to push it to the weekend. Sounds like it's been hot down there.

The last trip I made was to the west end of the canal, caught a bunch of schoolies and Medium blues. Chuck and I had a day to fish so we used it, next stop Chatham, we shot down to the tip rip and caught Blues and some decent bass and got tossed around in the rip. That was a couple weeks ago. I should leave well enough alone and winterize but Rhody/CT is calling, just wish that storm at sea would move on.
It's not over, the weather just sux.

grego
10-26-2004, 10:30 AM
See other post, but to recap

RI Shore, Outer Cape Shore, or B-Bay Boat are the end of week options I'm looking at.

Don't Store that Gear Yet!!

FrenchCreek
10-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Lefty,
Luv yo axxent!