Who's Your Daddy? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Who's Your Daddy?

Lefty
10-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Bellhorn is. Chasing the Fall run up and down the No. Shore is cancelled until this series completes. I wanna fish but geez, I'm so behind on ZZZZzzzzzs. Go Sox.

Lefty

Dble Haul
10-20-2004, 02:43 PM
As of right now, I'm writing in Dave Ortiz on my Nov 2nd presidential ballot. :)

On a side note, the Cardinals sure have their hands full with Houston. Who does this Beltran kid think he is, anyway? :wink:

Fly-Rod
10-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Would be too much if the sox actually win today. Don't think so: Yanks have been just too lazy to get up and really play. Go Yanks!

Dble Haul
10-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Yanks have been just too lazy to get up and really play.

If you believe this, then I have some land in Florida that I want to sell you. :wink:

SalmoGairdneri
10-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Would be too much if the sox actually win today. Don't think so: Yanks have been just too lazy to get up and really play. Go Yanks!

Yanks fans have to be proud of A-Rod's performance last night. Not sure what's worse, the unprofessional play, the continuous swearing after the call or the quote in today's papers that he "should have run him over".

I've fished near folks that behave like A-Rod.

-t

Fly-Rod
10-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Alex should have run him over. The first base guy was blocking him. I agree on the slapping, though: it was unprofessional. Good luck tonight!

Dble Haul
10-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Alex should have run him over. The first base guy was blocking him.

If anything was in his way, it was Arroyo's glove. Sure, the first baseman was in the base path, but he was well behind the pitcher's glove and running him down wouldn't have accomplished anything. The tag was there, and ARod just made a poor decision. You'd never see Jeter do something like that.

And I suppose that the Yankees were just to lazy to get up and play in game 7 too? :D

Chris
10-21-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm thinking A Rod might be having second thoughts about his decision last summer.

Lefty
10-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Change of daddy's. Jonny Damon is now my official daddy! :wink:

I guess we might be able to fish in the next 48 hours.

flydoc
10-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Dropped a cool Ben Franklin on an official Schilling road jersey after Game 6- Damn, pitching with a stitched ankle??? Now THAT's guts for ya....
Doc Shep

Paxton
10-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Driving back home from Concord today, I heard a great comment on the radio: "the Yankees are the best team that money can buy, too bad they forgot to buy a heart" :-)
I must admit, I really didn't think after game 3 that the Sox had a chance....I was wrong and send my apologies.
By the way, after watching most of all the last 7 games....we all should be thrilled that fly fishermen don't spit continuously!!!! Wonder if we could consider sending them our old waders for use in the dugouts :hihi:

Smcdermott
10-21-2004, 04:36 PM
By the way, after watching most of all the last 7 games....we all should be thrilled that fly fishermen don't spit continuously!!!! Wonder if we could consider sending them our old waders for use in the dugouts :hihi:

There was a sequence of shots last night where they went from Ref to Ref and almost on que they all spit as soon as the camera hit them. It was something to behold. Timing is everything. :Eyecrazy:

Quentin
10-21-2004, 08:14 PM
There was a sequence of shots last night where they went from Ref to Ref and almost on que they all spit as soon as the camera hit them. It was something to behold. Timing is everything. :Eyecrazy:

I think the camera operators and people who decide what to show play a little game where they rack up points for catching people spitting, scratching, nose-picking, etc. :chuckle:

Awesome series and great outcome!

Q

MarkDoogue
10-21-2004, 08:49 PM
http://community.webshots.com/s/image20/1/3/17/203810317rsyqYC_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image22/1/0/71/203810071wcdCnL_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image21/1/1/11/203810111QqJUTX_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image18/1/1/47/203810147wYOoZt_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image22/1/1/57/203810157gyZEec_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image18/1/1/74/203810174rapZzz_ph.jpg

artb
10-22-2004, 07:11 AM
:chuckle: I love baseball, but I thought I was the only one that noticed the filthy habit of spitting in the dugout, and on the mound, including the manager. The ball players can't even put their cups, water bottles, or whatever else in a trash container. It is a wonder someone don't break an ankle slipping on the crap that the ball players throw around. I wonder if they have a clubhouse attendant to wipe their hind -end when they go to the John.
The National league has a big advantage when they are allowed a dh, and in the National league ballparks the American league has to bat their pitchers. The National League should have to bat their pitchers in an American League Park. What's fair is fair. :D

Adrian
10-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Hats of the the Sox for an amazing recovery - and the great majority of Yankee fans would agree!

For me the Sox/Yankees post season match-ups always produce some of the best drama of the entire baseball season - the Series is almost an anti-climax.

But I know how much it means to Boston - last there in '86 - last win in 1918. You're going to have to dig deep to shut the Cardinals out, but if it comes down to pure guts then my money is on the Sox - "go gitem" :smokin:

Talking of spitting etc., I always thought it was in integral part of the game like "showing bunt" and "breaking balls" :D I think Terry Fancona did an awesome job of game management and strategy. He also deserves an entry in the Guinness book of World Records for the "most bubble-gum in the mouth record". :lildevl:

BigDave
10-22-2004, 09:50 AM
I think Terry Fancona did an awesome job of game management and strategy. He also deserves an entry in the Guinness book of World Records for the "most bubble-gum in the mouth record". :lildevl:

Don't forget the "I just broke out of the asylum" incessant rocking back and forth on the bench either. Between that and the gum he looks like he's going to lose it.

I'm still scratching my head over putting Pedro in during the 7th though. Why get the crowd back into the Game?

I guess it doesn't matter. We're finally back to the big dance. GO SOX! :Eyecrazy:

FredA
10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Spittin and scratchin goes with baseball like wine and cheese.

Looking at some of the rocking on the bench and facial contortions, participants must have a bomber of a headache after the game.

Heard bits of a Francona press conference and the rational for using Pedro sounded pretty good. Forgot what it was though.

Dave,
If you gotta spend a weekend in Chatham you gotta bring your gear. I bet a morning walk along Hardings might be pleasant.

BigDave
10-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Fred,

I guess I'll bring the gear and give it a shot...depending on when Game 1 ends. I was thinking hardings might be a good choice. Dawn patrol down to stage inlet via the trail.