Skookum Returns [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Skookum Returns

NrthFrk16
10-16-2004, 11:57 AM
I was browsing through the latest edition of Fish & Fly last night and the first article was authored by our old Flytalk freind Dylan T. He was discussing his patterns and such...and in typical Dylan fashion, excellent photos accompied the article.

flytyer
10-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Ah yes, the mighty 45' wide Skookum and its winter fish. A river all but abandoned by fly fishers. ;)

sinktip
10-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Fish and Fly? I am not familiar with that one. Is that the magazine that Lauren Jackson posed nude for before the Olympics? :confused:

Moonlight
10-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Yeah, but her fly was closed!!!!!!!!! :lildevl:

skookum
10-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Thanks, Ryan, for the kind words. It's good to know that someone out there (other than my mom) read the story. Wish I could take credit for the photos, but they're courtesy of my good friend, Paolo Marchesi.

As for Lauren Jackson, yes, she's nude in this issue of Fish & Fly, so everyone, go out and buy a bunch of copies. Hopefully the publisher will think my story had something to do with a sudden increase in sales, and I will be set to make dozens of dollars a year as a writer...

Alternately, some of you reading this may recognize yourselves in the story (it's about the lunacy of steelhead addiction), or may even be named in print, in which case I plead journalistic license, etc, etc... In other words, I apologize in advance if anyone is pissed. You can feel free to throw rocks into any run you see me fishing.

Otherwise, I haven't gone away, just been busy with a new baby, paying bills, etc. I still read the board, and keep up with everyone through that. Even squeezed in a good trip up to BC a couple of weeks ago, which was miraculous in both the mind-boggling crowds up there and the fact that the river stayed in for the entire time I was there--a first!

Okay, back to it. Hope y'all are well, and after you buy the magazine for the Lauren Jackson photos, if you end up reading the story, I'd love to hear what you think.

Peace,

Skookum

SalmoGairdneri
10-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Yeah, but her fly was closed!!!!!!!!! :lildevl:

Very nice. Still laughing.

-t