1/2 day of fishing [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 1/2 day of fishing

CSJ60
10-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Three fish today but only two landed and one very big loss. Fish #3, nothing to write home about, 26" striper. Fish #2 - my first albie :hihi: @ about 10#. Its a bluefish, don't need to put this fish on the reel... about 5 seconds later all my line flyline and about 200 feet of backing are gone. What a fish!!!! :biggrin: My first fish - about 30# plus bass - I guess about 45" fish that never made it to my hand. SOOOOOOOOO close to landing the best bass of my life - :( Barbless hooks are great most of the time). Bunker everywhere with SS and SE in the mix. So much bait but few fish.

Craig

striblue
10-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Great Report Craig.... I was going to go fishing today...but Pete Gray and I sat around CAC and watched the Notre Dame Game then went down to Ridgevale Beach on the south side and we say no action... say some guys at the entrance of Stage harbor by binoculars...but we went back to watch the game.

jimS
10-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Craig, That was an awesome day. All you needed was a bluefish for a grand slam. I think I know where you were and it is only going to get better with the influx of bunker.

Sorry we didn't get together on the bayside, but frankly, it hasn't happened there yet. If things start heating up, I may just have to make the trek up for another week.

Simms

FishHawk
10-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Great report Craig this Fall seems to be one of the best in a long time.
FishHawk :D