Rhody Report 10/4-10/7 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rhody Report 10/4-10/7

FlyFishMich
10-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Just got to CT after 3+ days of pretty good action. Still a few days left here before heading back to Michigan. Here's the long and short of it...

10/4-Hit a popular breachway on Monday afternoon, hooked and landed my shore albie on my very first cast :hihi:

10/5-WW in the AM...walking out to join the boys on the outside but was distracted by the blitzing bass on the inside...released a dozen or so schoolies before the action died down. Went back to the "albie" breachway and was 1 for 3 in the first hour I was there...broke off the first one when it went for the bridge (hint, hint), dropped the second one after a lengthy battle, finally brought the third one to hand.

10/6-tough day everywhere I went...caught a stinky black kitty with a white stripe down its back.

10/7-Killed the skunk early at WW with a bluefish...walked further out and landed 2 albies around 8:00am. Went back to the "top secret" albie spot about 11:30 and landed 2 in the next 3 hours with lots of other hits and follows. Fish were definitely in fewer number and a lot pickier...caught them on both the east and west side but they were running the west side a lot better. So....broke my one day record with 4 fish landed from shore :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :D Crazy day!!!

I do believe that the albies are winding down as the number of fish seemed to decrease from earlier in the week. Bass and blues seem to be picking up, though...from what I heard.

I have to say the RI group of "albie nuts" is probably the friendliest group of guys I have ever fished next to...ever. Certainly a refreshing break from the negativity I am used to on my home waters in MI. If I met any of you guys over the last few days...THANKS!!!! I appreciate how welcome you made me feel!

Dble Haul
10-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Great report!

I have to agree that the albie nuts out in RI are very accomodating and friendly. It behooves us to work together out there, especially giving alerts when fish are coming through the areas.

Enjoy the remainder of your trip.