Official ruling needed [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Official ruling needed

Slinger
10-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Well i refuse to let a little thing like pnumonia stop me, so loaded up on meds and went fishing. First stop was WW with the boat. The Albies weren`t crashing but just leisurly cruising and eating. Then it slowed for a while, then about 9:30 a big blitz between the wall and Deep Hole. Final tally for a short morning, 3 albies and 2 blues. Yanked the boat, grabbed the wife and took a ride to the Den where Scott rewound a line so I could use my new outfit. Then on to the Canal. My wife left me at the Mud Flats and took off shopping for a couple hours. A nice late afternoon bite, 1 albie and 6 bass in 2 hours. Finally broke the 3 fish barrier!
What I want to know is, Is it still a Slam if you fish 2 states and a hundred miles apart? Never got a Slam before, would sure like to count this one. Awaiting the official ruling after review.
Slinger

Adrian
10-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Sounds good by me Steve! :smokin:

I've heard of guys down in the Bahamas covering a lot of miles and hours between hookups on Bonefish, Tarpon and Permit to claim a grand-slam.

jfbasser
10-03-2004, 04:11 AM
Seems to me that it is an Official Nearside/Middleside Slam :D Glad to hear that those Bass showed up at the Albie spot near sundown :lildevl: Broke thru the 3 Albie per day curse,too :smokin: . You might want to save some gas money next week...there are Blues at the East end of the ditch :Eyecrazy:

Penguin
10-03-2004, 07:49 AM
To the most casual observer...
but...
The much coveted...
Mobile Inter-State Slinger Slam! :eek:
With bonus "med" points, spousal "shopping" points, and multi-media boat/shore points!!! :whoa:

WaytogoSteve!

ssully
10-03-2004, 11:11 PM
It only counts if my snagged dead albie at the WW counts. :D