Well? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Well?

Dble Haul
09-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Anyone out there still chasing warmwater fish? Or have you all moved on to the cold or saltwater species?

Personally, I hope to hit some local pike water soon. But that means I'll have to tear myself away from the migrating stripers, blues, and albies.

Decisions, decisions! :roll:

SDHflyfisher
09-28-2004, 02:18 PM
i will be just starting going for warmwater soon

trout season ends in two days and i don't go for the salmon or steelhead

Quentin
09-28-2004, 06:26 PM
I haven't been focusing much on warmwater lately. I had a week off from work and did most of my fishing in saltwater. I have taken a few casts for largemouths at a local lake and had some success with my frog diver (several hits and a couple LDRs). I also spent a day on the Housatonic trying for pike but only had one hit on the frog. Water was still pretty high but not too muddy, although I think the remnants of Jeanne will mess it up again for this weekend.

I won't be able to make it to the coast this weekend (well, maybe I can squeeze in a trip :lildevl: ) so I'll probably do some freshwater fishing. I heard from a reliable source that the state is going to start the fall trout stocking in my area this week so maybe I'll even catch a trout -- haven't done that in over two years!

Hmm . . . If I catch a trout in the same water where I'm fishing for largemouths and carp is that still considered warmwater fishing :confused: :hihi: .

Q

flyjkol
09-28-2004, 07:29 PM
I went out the other day and nailed bluegill during a midge hatch, alot of fun on a five weight. As for the bigger fish........... I'm saving my shoulder, I got a paddle fish snagging permit for the month of october.:devil:

John Desjardins
09-28-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that with long work weeks & family obligations I haven't hit the water in over a month. :(

FrenchCreek
09-29-2004, 10:09 PM
This is a really tough time for me. Big trout are all over the place on the Bow, big pike (37,39 & 40 inchers on Sunday, 38, 40 & 42 today) are starting to head back to the shallows at Badger lake, saw one today about 36 inch that was chomping down on a whitefish about 18 inches long, she cam clear out of the water with this "baitfish" in her mouth, what a sight! Partridge are all over the place and pheasants open on Oct. 15, geese & ducks are in every pond and the migration from the high north is about to get into full swing and deer season is no more than a month away.
If this is what retirement is all about, I should have done it earlier... :Eyecrazy:

Dble Haul
09-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Pete, if I could I'd share some of the "burden" with you. :wink:

Poogs
10-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Im still after the local perch, sunnys, and bassa round me, only sunnyes r biting though :rolleyes: :mad:

SDHflyfisher
10-27-2004, 10:51 PM
sorry mark the salmon have caught my attention

no pun intended

Dble Haul
10-28-2004, 07:51 AM
No apologies needed! :wink: