Word Around the Campfire [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Word Around the Campfire

NrthFrk16
09-28-2004, 12:39 AM
I heard today that Trey Combs may just be the keynote speaker at the October 23rd Wild Steelhead Coalition dinner & auction.

If the cornucopia of copious amounts of totally wicked items, trips, art etc. etc. were not enough to get you to drop the $35 for the auction and dinner, I am sure an evening of listening to stories and such from Trey will.

Hope to see 'ya there!!

...also rumor has it, I got bumped as an assistant to the auctioneer because ole Keith Robbins is going to show up with one of his tini-bar waitresses. :Eyecrazy:

andre
09-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Sparkey,

Tell us southerners more, you Washington guys have this great WSC but you keep it all to yourselves.

kush
09-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Geez - I didn't think Trey fished for steelhead anymore? :lildevl:

Doublespey
09-28-2004, 01:12 PM
with Keith's hotties on the auction block, it's sure to be a fun time! :D

jjohnson
09-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Man word spreads fast. You should see more of an official notice later this afternoon but Trey will be the Keynote speaker at the October 23rd WSC Auction at the Bellevue Sheraton 6 PM.

We have many great trips already for auction. If you have items to donate to the auction or would like to Attend PM me or send email to wscmembership@yahoo.com or me personally steelheadjunky@hotmail.com.

JJ

sinktip
09-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Who would have ever thunk that "word getting around fast" and Sparkey would be connected? ;)

flytyer
09-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Kush,

Trey has never quit fishing for steelhead; however, since he started his horse boarding operation about 5 or 6 years ago, he hasn't been able to fish very often. He has been known to haunt his home waters on the Oly Pen several time per year though.

NrthFrk16
09-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Who would have ever thunk that "word getting around fast" and Sparkey would be connected? ;)

Aw 'tip, don't be jealous of my excellent communication skills! :p

So Andre, you going to join us that evening? :)

rich_simms
09-30-2004, 11:46 PM
Yes, Trey will be the program, celebrating the fish and the tradition fishing for them. The WSC will also be announcing the first ever WSC Conservation Award Winner that evening to a person of the steelhead conservation community. And, yes, that someone will be attending.

So who is all coming to support the WSC and their work for wild steelhead?