: Rules fr Steelhead?

Brian Simonseth
09-23-2004, 02:14 PM
This is from WDFW today.
Check t out:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/regs/wild_steelhead_moratorium_ces.htm

jjohnson
09-23-2004, 02:46 PM
I can't say what I think they forgot to mention in this. Something about their anatomy and what part they are missing and what part they resemble. I thought that we WSR people had some friends on the board but we don't.

I will not ever join FFF or vote for the AG whom is running for governor.

JJ

Leland Miyawaki
09-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Is there a typo in the proposed rules or have we REALLY been hornswoggled? It reads one wild steelhead retention per day rather than per year.

Hmmmm,
Leland.

sinktip
09-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Leland,

I think this is legalese. WAC 232-12-619 sets the seasonal limit at 1 fish. WAC 232-28-619 sets a fish per day rule on specific rivers. The one WAC does not run counter to the other in that you can keep your fish today on the Hoh and thus satisfy the seasonal limit. It does not mean you can also keep a fish tomorrow as that would be in excess of the seasonal limit. It is confusing but I believe on the up and up.

'tip
(the ex pre-law major)

Doublespey
09-23-2004, 04:45 PM
What scumsucking pigs they are!

I especially like "The 5-10% mortality associated with release is well known", although the comments about predominantly flyfishers, the WSC, and no concern for other species were also good. :rolleyes:

That they can distort the truth of the proceedings like that is truely amazing.

Must be sour grapes - the can feel their control (or lack thereof) of wild steelhead management being slowly wrestled away from them and want to blame it on misguided elitist flyfishermen.

Ah well - Politics Stinks~

My .02,

DS

sinktip
09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
I will need to set down and read the entire document but don't confuse the testimony with the official WDFW rules release. The testimony is included from both sides and some or all of it was available in Bremerton. It was simply what JohnQ-Bubba wrote in.