One year ago today [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: One year ago today

jjohnson
09-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I think that we all should take a moment to pause and thank our lucky stars that we still have one of our comrades around to give us all of his wisdom and thoughtful banter. One year ago today I heard the infamous words, "I think I can make it" after 2 hours of looking at this rapids on the Kispioxs. Three of us were lining our boats around and all the sudden Sinktip is dropping into the rapids. I will say he almost made it through until the HUGE standing wave caught one of his pontoons and flipped his pontoon boat quicker the Tip could pop open a lucky lager in college.

He ended up being fine but it was a little dicey for awhile but we saw his head pop up grab a Pontoon so we figured he would be OK. Which he was. Can't say the same for the two rods and one reel that were a total loss.

But as the years go on he will be able to laugh at himself and those famous words "I think I can make it" while the rest of us had a plan to get the boats around.

Take a moment tonight to pause raise a glass and think our lucky stars we still have sinktip to kick around because for 5 minutes on the Kispiox we weren't sure.

JJ

kush
09-22-2004, 12:22 PM
It is too early in the day for single malt, but I tip my coffee to you brother :smokin:

KerryS
09-22-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't drink but what the heck here is another tip of the coffee mug to ya tip.

You know the ol' sayin' keep the shiney side up don't ya? Well.............................

OC
09-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Lucky Larger = WSU.

Glad we still got the Tipper around to fish another day. My fish this morning goes to you!

sinktip
09-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks to all.

It wasn't until a phone conversation with JJ this morning that I remembered it was a year ago today. I probably could have survived without remembering that prime example of cahones trumping brains but JJ is right, it did make for a great story. And all things being equal, I wish I was up there now instead of behind this desk.

Kush, what is with this "too early for a single malt" stuff. You getting soft on me?

sinktip
(the buoyant one)

andre
09-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I heard another great story about that trip :lildevl: can't believe it a froma fellow rugger. Tip my wife would also thank you as you've kept me from adding to my Perfect collection as I don't bid against friends (often).