North Shore 9/20 PM [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: North Shore 9/20 PM

Nick
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Launched the yak at Devereaux last night for its maiden voyage. Great night for a paddle, but zippo on the fish. I didn't see any bait and the water was still pretty mucked up from the storm...come on fishy fishy! Where are you??

GregD
09-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Hi Nick,

I can see your getting out abit now. Sounds like you picked up a new Yak. Did you get the WS 12 Tarpon you expressed intrest in? How is it working out?

I hope to have a new Yak myself in the next couple weeks. Perhaps we can do a small yak attack down in RI in Oct.

Greg.

Nick
09-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Yup, I got the 12' Tarpon.

I really like it after last night. I will say that I am going from a fairly limited platform (9ft OK Frenzy), but this has lots more storage and is a lot easier to paddle. I do have to get used to carrying the larger boat and landing it in a surf though. If you are in the market, I can recommend the place that I bought mine from highly. They are in the process of clearing out a bunch of rentals and had another 120 Tarpon left.

Nick

GregD
09-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the heads up on the Tarpon. Glad to hear you like it. I imagine it's alittle bit harder to carry around especially with that cast on. I have a line on a used 15ft OK prowler I might get. I'll know more tonight. I like the Tarpon 14 alittle more than the 12 for speed mainly and the new floor layout. But if the price is right I might pick one up for Brandon. We'll have to get out before the Fat lady sings :smile:

Greg.

Nick
09-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Greg,
I'm actually clear of cast, walking boot, everything. Back in street shoes...the wonders of Stainless Steel brackets and screws!

Nick

GregD
09-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi Nick,

That's good news! Hopefully your almost as good as new. I'll let you know if I pick up that yak soon, perhaps we can get out in them sometime there after.

Talk to you soon,
Greg.

Nick
09-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Please do, love to hit Rhody with you this fall!

GregD
09-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Well Nick it's a done deal so let's consider it a date, should have my new Prowler in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know when I have it then we will plan an outing or two. ;) Looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Greg.

Nick
09-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Sounds good...Congrats on the boat. It opens up that area that is just out of reach from shore but too close to rocks for a real boat. you'll love it.

For those interested...repeat at Deverauex last night...

DFix
09-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Greg,
I'm actually clear of cast, walking boot, everything. Back in street shoes...the wonders of Stainless Steel brackets and screws!

Nick

So that little limping thing last week was just for sympathy, huh? :rolleyes:
Glad you're back on your 'pins'- now you can change out of short pants for work! :eek:

Nick
09-23-2004, 07:55 AM
I still got my pimp walk, don't worry bout that :razz:. Pants it is for me...and two SBFT last night! :smokin:

GregD
09-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey way to go on the SBFT! What a hoot, get a bit of a Cape Ann sliegh ride?

Congrats on the SBFT that must have been great! What kind of fly were you throwing to them?

Tight Lines,
Greg.

Nick
09-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Well, that may have been decieving. Was in a friends boat and we weren't trolling, but we weren't throwing flies either. I only have a 9 wt, and I wanted to bring my rod and line home in the proper number of pieces.

GregD
09-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Hi Nick,

Well I did assume you might have picked them up from the Yak on a fly rod no less. Wishful thinking perhaps, But I have seen Bluefin in close to shore so it's not out of the question. Glad to hear you hooked up no matter what you were using. :smokin:

Tight lines,
Greg