South Beach Report - 9/17 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Beach Report - 9/17

striblue
09-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Great day today... overcast and foggy, some sun, wind 10 to 15 SW....... Had my second day with my Orvis student and he picked up two nice fish one close to 30.... so he has pictures to take home...nice pleasant guy so it was a pleasure... Bumped intp JImS, Chris, Fish Hawk and Dick Ives.... and we all headed out.... Sims picks up 9 stripers... really ticked me off. ;) .... anyway we all did well.... but sight fishing was hard so it was blind casting in areas up near the entrance of the Southway.... the tide was perfect... incoming just as Keith did us a fovor by dropping us off far south...just where we wanted to start..... about 1 we headed over to the ocean to see what was up... no birds ,no bait, no fish in close...some boats did pick up fish about 100 yards off... great day all and all and great company .

jimS
09-17-2004, 05:33 PM
came through again with our own Striblue, aka "Muscleman." I didn't makeup the new monoker, check out his new Abel reel. Anyway, his student, Dan, did an outstanding job with Striblue's tutelage. His casting in the wind was excellent, nopt to mention the two he landed, one of which was 28-30 inches.

John, don't let this go to your head, but you did good!

Simms

FishHawk
09-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Glad to meet with the Gang on the Flats. Got a nice fat migrant on my first cast. What a blast. Got to watch the famed Eastern Guide in action. Good to see Jim and Chris. FishHawk :smokin: