South Beach 9/14 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: South Beach 9/14

jimS
09-14-2004, 07:47 PM
It rocked today with the north to northeast wind. Water temp on the incoming was 62 degrees. On the incoming, fished were staged in the depths of the scallops. A deep eel with a quick staccatto strip on the incoming came tight. Largest was 30 with a lot 26-28. However, there were some cows, but they have Phds. I never got mine. Kind of reminds me of the bones on the downtown flats at Islamorada.

Once the tide covered the flats, the fish were there, twisting and turning on the bottom. Don't know for what, but it was mainly in the vicinity of the clammer's holes.

Tomorrow, for you righties, the wind will be out of the southwest.

Talked to a couple of guys who fished N. Monomoy. They apparently did well.

Keith is not running during the week, so it is Outermost, if you wish to go. They leave at 8 a.m. Pickup is noon or 4 p.m.

Go if you get a chance. I'll be there in the a.m.

Simms

juro
09-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Great report Jim!

This is a great time to be out there indeed, then the bait wanders in and things explode in the shallows for a while, then they all move on...

the clock is ticking, hope everyone gets a chance to log some hours before the fat lady...

striblue
09-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Jim...great report. I have the Orvis Advanced school Thursday and friday this week so I will probably see you.... BUT...I called Keith today and spoke with Mrs.Admrial Ed and she past on the message that I needed to get a lift on Friday morning.... She thought keith would Run Friday.... You should call him and confirm... I will tomorrow, but if he does...you can go with him and I will see you at the landing.

Paxton
09-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Great going Jim!!! Sounded like an exciting day. Will probably be down on Friday, weather reports so far don't look too promising for Thurs-Sunday. If there is some sun, I will try and get down. Keep those reports coming :-)
Ron

CSJ60
09-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Jim,

Great report... PHD, I'm off to second grade. Guess I 'll be hitting the books for a while before I get back out on the water.

I'm heading to Maine on vacation this Friday for a some R&R (brook trout /landlock salmon). I'll see you when I get back 9/24 for a little CCB action.

There is a big one with your name on it Jim... post pics.

Craig

Sephon
09-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Old Man,

Sounds like you are having a great time. I hope you get you all your catching in before I get up there. I'm glad things are going well though, I'm looking forward to coming up on Friday, should be in between 1600-1800, depending on traffic and how hungry I get. Well, keep me informed. Keep bringin em in.

JDMuddler
09-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Craig - Fishing in Maine this weekend - could that be at the Rapid?