911 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: 911

Jimmy
09-11-2004, 12:44 AM
It's been three years. I still can't sleep. I'm going fishing.

Penguin
09-11-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm still fending off my own deamons (with a 9 wt)...
Waving a silly stick while standing in salt water seems to help alot...
I was out on my boat a few daze ago and almost had an unexpected guest join me...
'Put things in better prespective...for the time being...
So, what's the slot limit on HumpBacks?!

MCorder
09-11-2004, 11:41 AM
A weird day. My wife and I were just discussing what it was like the day it happened, didn't know whether to get angry or cry. Both emotions come through.
We were currently stationed on Kodiak Island, by the time my phone started ringing the attacks were almost over. I remember turning on my TV and thinking I had acidently turned on the movie channel. Didn't seem real, still dosn't, even after a tour in the gulf I still can't believe American got attacked. :(

IronMike
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
MATT - I know we owe you more than a "web" thank you, but please accept these thanks for protecting our country!

Dble Haul
09-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I know that there are many times in our lives when we say that something seems to have just happened yesterday. But in this case, it really does seem that way. I will never forget what I was doing when I first heard the news, and how I felt when I first saw the images on television, and how my gut reacted to the growing numbers of those who were dead or missing.....

God bless those who were lost, and may their families and the fellow citizens of our nation never forget that horrific day. It's the day that our lives changed forever.