Lake Chelan Wa [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Lake Chelan Wa

RiffleFisher
09-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Howdy ! Anybody out there fished Lake Chelan in Eastern Washington?
Any pointers on good spots, bugs, etc.?
I'm heading over there at the end of the week and can only find info on bait :eek: fishing. Thanks

fredaevans
09-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Waters colder than heck so deep and sloooooow. Actually I'd recommend a few of the local rivers within an hours drive.

RiffleFisher
09-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I am hoping to get up to the Methow river on the return trip. What other rivers do you recommend? Thanks!

Nooksack Mac
09-10-2004, 10:23 PM
The Entiat is, or was, a significent trout stream. I don't know how it's been fishing since the extensive forest fires about a decade ago. It's s.w. of the lower Methow, also draining into the Columbia R. along the highway to Wenatchee.

flytyer
09-11-2004, 08:11 PM
What Nooksack Mac said about the Entiat is accurate; unfortunately, it is closed to all fishing, just like the Wenatchee, to protect the Upper Columbia River summer steelhead and kings that are found in it. Also, be careful about where you fish the Methow since most of it is closed to all fishing to protect the endangered kings and Upper Columbia River summer steelhead. Getting caught fishing in waters closed to protect endangered fish can get you a very large fine by the feds, along with a fine from the state.