Comments needed NOW on Oregon Regs - NOW! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Comments needed NOW on Oregon Regs - NOW!

loco_alto
09-01-2004, 11:48 PM
help preserve good fishing in Oregon from the dangers of short-sighted harvest impacts

http://www.westfly.com/feature/0409/feature_792.htm

Hammer
09-02-2004, 01:45 AM
really,for me,,since the subjects are apart of my life,,but i can't agree with every sentence in there,only the whole objective,,NO wild fish SHOULD be taken,,unless the run has proven to be such a return as to expect an increase in overall fish numbers.why not expect increases,,instead of losses,,,certainly each section in there would warrent it's very own thread,well,i'd have to write a chapter addressing my views on each one of the items there,,do you want my opinion,,or my support?

loco_alto
09-02-2004, 02:24 AM
yes, hammber, I do want your opinion ... most especially if it agrees with mine!

Seriously, we can debate some of those issues here, but do know that in any case 1 million words here won't matter nearly as much as 10 words to ODFW

Hammer
09-02-2004, 02:45 AM
how about;`why not work for increased returns instead of steady declines' O-K?

Klem
09-02-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm planning on attending the Reg meeting Sept 10th. If you are unable to attend, send me your comments and we can composed a response to the proposed changes. Probably we are on the same page with protecting the wild/stream born fish which we dearly need in our fishery . Klem

loco_alto
09-02-2004, 10:47 AM
I think everyone wants more fish. The discussion usually gets interesting when it turns to approaches for accomplishing this goal (think 4H).