AAny good fly spots oin these areas? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: AAny good fly spots oin these areas?

Poogs
08-24-2004, 01:47 PM
In New Jersey, Burlington COunty

In New Hampshire, near the town of Keene

and in Massachusetts, near the Springfield area

ne good spots here for trout or even bass?, if so what type rod hosuld i use like a 5 wt?, cuz i aslo do popper fishing in my lake ..

Thanks all

Dble Haul
08-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Springfield area, MA- Westfield and Deerfield Rivers are close

Keene NH- You're not far from the Merrimac and all of its tributaries

I can't help with NJ.

A 5 weight is fine for trout and small bass. If you ever head to CT, let me know and I can provide info for that state as well.

I'm sure others will chime in here too. :)

Poogs
08-24-2004, 03:20 PM
thanks man in Keene my auncle has a lake in his backyard with small brookies in it so i was gonan try fishing there, and SPringfiled my grandparents live there, i gotta check that out

thanks for the help

Dble Haul
08-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Heck, if you have a lake in the back yard, forget the Merrimac and go for those brookies.... :)

John Desjardins
08-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Gee Mark, I thought you had lived in NH before :devil: Keene is a ways from the Merrimac.

In Springfield, there is the Connecticut river which gets shad and stripers at certain times of the year. I'd bet a little searching would turn up some good bass and pan fish spots as well. In addition to the Deerfield & Westfield rivers the Swift river is a couple of towns to the east, and you are less than an hour from the Farmington river in the New Hartford - Riverton Ct area.

Poogs
08-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks all, my dad grew up in sprngfield and said the deerfield and westfield are good spots but didnt klnow much more :redface:

but yea im llokmign to get into this sport and since theres not much here in NJ i am looking to get a rod suitable for bass here and trout/smallies up north mayb musky or osmehthing i dont know

Dble Haul
08-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Gee Mark, I thought you had lived in NH before :devil: Keene is a ways from the Merrimac.

It's not that far....heck, NH is so small that everything is relatively close. :tongue: