08-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Evolution in progress...
BIGger eyez :Eyecrazy:
BIGger prophile :eek:
BIGger size...12" :rolleyes:
BIGger phish!? :biggrin:

striblue
08-23-2004, 10:48 PM
PERFECT!.... I like the concept of tubes for Salt... Do I hear some more winter projects for J. Scissorhands?

Jim Miller
08-24-2004, 06:55 AM
Looks good Pete
How do you rig that puppy?

Penguin
08-24-2004, 12:22 PM
I snell a 5/0+- hook with 30#+ flourocarbon...
Thread the leader through the short (to keep the hook closer to the head) bottom junction tube that seats/holds the hook eye...
Firmly seat the hook eye into the end of the junction tube...
Tie in a perfection loop which joins the fly to the main leader...

I R&R'd the first photo for one with leader/hook...
This fly and others like it can be adapted for offshore big game applications...
It's cousin fooled an unsuspecting Florida sail fish...boy was she surprised!
I'm working on a ballyhoo tube and will post it (with the hook/leader) when it's done...
I won't use these when there are chompin' Blues around...
The down side...
Unless the tip of a tooth pick is inserted into the front of the lower leader tube to prevent the fly from sliding up the flouro leader...
Head shakes will free the hook from the junction tube and run the fly up the leader...where it's fair game for subsequent toothy preditors...
I've successfully used these in tidal estuaries near herring runs where big Stripes gather for the seasonal opportune seafood buffet. CastDriftBangYikes!
Sofarsogood! :D

SteveF
08-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Pete,

Just as I remember it from SWE except a little bigger and a little less lavender. Nice job.

Steve

Jim Miller
09-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Pete
I bet a NC giant BFT would like to chop on that fly! ;)
Thanks for the rigging detail!
Just looked at your ballyhoo tube fly.....that would work even better for NC Giants in Dec. :biggrin: