Fishing the Crib? Bring Cable, not wire, Cable! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Fishing the Crib? Bring Cable, not wire, Cable!

Rip Ryder
08-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Anyone planning on fishing the crib today, better of had cable on them. Flourocarbon and wire were not going to cut it today. Anyone sight fishing in the area of the crib, especially the area of the tip of South Monomoy, must of had the best day of sight casting ever!!

Today's top species to target ----Great White shark !!!!!!! :whoa:
If I did not see it with my own eyes :eek: I would have never believed it. There was a 12-16 foot Great White right at the landing zone we have used in the past for the North tip of South Monomoy. There was about 6 ft of water at low and the machine was stuck with no way out till about 3pm this afternoon. We also had a pilot whale stuck in there on Friday.

Striblue, if your ever going to come up with those invisible waders, NOW WOULD BE A DAMN GOOD TIME!! If anyone plans on wading in the area of South Beach or Monomoy anytime soon, I would make sure your waders aint smelling to fishy :Eyecrazy:

Juro, you may want to come up with a new Atlantis for the newest craz at Monomoy. $$$$

"I think we need a bigger boat!"

Capt Keith

juro
08-22-2004, 08:25 PM
:eek: :whoa: Striblue... we're gonna need a SEAL FLY!! :wink:

striblue
08-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Juro.... Will do!.... great White? Wish I was there to see that.....Isn't that the location where we saw the dead seal last September with the LARGE half moon bite tear.???

rooster
08-23-2004, 12:03 AM
I think the next time I have knot failure I will blame it on the a great white. Now that I have a reliable witness (after all, Keith is a law enforcement officer when he is not Capt. Lincoln) I know that the big ones are lurking in the deep. Since I nowhave the superdeluxe Juro Atlantis and am capable of casting 1/2# of chicken feathers I am quite certain that the "big one that got away" in June was a great white..., of course...., the one that bit me off was alot bigger than the one that Keith saw after 3 months in the Sun.....,
Thats' my story and I'm sticking to it!
Cheers,
Rooster

Dble Haul
08-23-2004, 08:26 AM
I think this kind of situation is what the Atlantis was made for, no? :wink:

juro
08-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Sorry, a 14ft Great White voids the warranty :lildevl:

I remember reading an article in a mag as a kid showing the bait for shark in Australia - three whole chickens! :whoa:

Keith, I wonder if the kayak hatch knew there was a great white lurking...

Paxton
08-23-2004, 09:30 AM
I was "cut off" 2 times yesterday.....now I have an explanation :hihi:
Hope the shark enjoyed my 4 inch sandeels! If anyone wants to go after this quarry, given my experience yesterday.....they like their sandeeels in olive over grey and white with a bit of black flash on top :smokin:
Ron

striblue
08-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Another one spotted today... it may not be the same one... this one today was injured. I had some sort of platic material stuck in it's mouth.... this is true..I heard it over the VHF.

seuss
08-23-2004, 04:46 PM
heading out wed. will bring my flippers and a snorkel to do a little recon.

striblue
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Just came back from seeing "Open Water". Worst movie I have seen in many years.... better than the worst.."Natural Born Killers"... but not by far..... The shows on Shark week were 1000 times better.

seuss
08-26-2004, 07:04 AM
well, no sharkey sightings but did find a bunch of stripees both outside and inside. more bluefish than i can count. ridiculous amount of bait. picture perfect day.