Defective Merchandise??? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Defective Merchandise???

sean
08-19-2004, 06:19 PM
My parents do a couple week trip to the Montana backcountry every year and on their way back they stopped by and visited MJC and his shop. They missed my bday but to my surprise and delight they brought me my very own Red Shed Fly Shop fishing cap.

Thing is I have been skunked the last three days I have worn it. Talk about a rip off :chuckle:

No seriously MJC has the best hats. Where else can you find a fly shop hat with:

"Wild Steelhead Release"

embroided on the back.

Very sweet indeed and I got a kick out of wearing it around Forks last weekend :smokin:

-sean

sinktip
08-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Bamboo causes skunking, hats don't. :lildevl:

KerryS
08-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Everybody please move away from Sinktip. I have feeling things might get a bit warm around him.

Sinktip I think you need to put on your asbestos suit now.

I need one of those hats. MJC, how do I get one?

OC
08-20-2004, 10:21 AM
I think we need to get the tip one of those hats. MJC do you have one for a guy that recently has been fishing with an oversized skull? :lildevl:

MJC
08-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Yes, I enjoyed visiting with Sean's folks. Nice people with a great dog that appreciated the doggie cookie jar.
Sean your fishing might be better if they would of gotten you some of those "Lolita Flies" Tip and I are fond of instead of a hat. When an old wild buck sees one of them they just go crazy and can't wait to take a bite :lildevl:

Linda brought a few more hats home last night so I have some for sale again. These are a tiny bit different then Sean's. On the back it says We Support WSR. They are tan in color.

North Island
08-20-2004, 11:31 AM
I think we need to see a pic of those hats.

Are they compliant with the Official E. P. dress Uniform?

so the the ugly girl does have a name :lildevl: " Lolita"

Cheers N I
founding member of the "RCMEP"

sinktip
08-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Can't a guy have a little fun with a buddy? All these negative vibes has me feeling like Donald Sutherland in Kelly's Heroes. "Too much negative energy man". And what is with the swelled head comment, OC? I have not touched a fish in going on over three years so I have nothing to be proud of. In fact, it is my total lack of success steelheading that makes me so very jealous of those that catch fish hand over fist.

NI - MJC whispers a name in her ear 'cause he thinks she likes it. I might have another pet name for her to get her in the mood. She doesn't really care as long as she gets used often. And without a doubt, anything that comes out of Redshed is 101% EP approved.

:lildevl:

Sinktip (caneless in Seattle)

sinktip
08-20-2004, 12:13 PM
From one law enforcement employee to another -- Cheers!

sean
08-20-2004, 12:29 PM
I figured out the problem. This is a hat from Idaho afterall and I just was not holding my mouth like a true Idahoan.

So I added a little slack to my jaw and that did it. Fish on :razz: :lildevl:

-sean

North Island
08-20-2004, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=sinktip] I have not touched a fish in going on over three years

Cheif you must be fishing on the island. I didn't know that you knew OC's father :smokin:

MJC
08-21-2004, 08:39 AM
So I added a little slack to my jaw and that did it. Fish on

Whatever works. :lildevl: I tried that method last night and it didn't do a damn thing.

sinktip
08-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Actually North Island, I have never caught a steelhead. Like I say in my signature, I am not even sure they exist :wink:

Perhaps I better save up my pennys and take one of those fancy steelhead schools.

MJC
08-21-2004, 08:15 PM
The reason you don't catch any steel is because you fish with OCSV. After he's done all that's left is dem golden bones. :whoa:

inland
08-21-2004, 08:28 PM
It's not the hat sillies. It's one of them 'flies'. If ya ain't usin'it, ya ain't kitchin um.

EP- maybe if you would take the bait....

William