See you all out on the water [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: See you all out on the water

flyfisha1
08-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Hello All,
In light of recent conflicts in both public posts and private messaging, I've reluctantly and regrettably decided to leave the forum. I have thoroughly enjoyed the many hours Iíve spent browsing over threads and have learned a great deal from many of you, and for that I give you my thanks; I can only hope that I have constructively contributed to the discussions and been able to return the favor on occasion. Iím not leaving fly fishing; far from it. Iím simply making a decision to spend my time in other places.

I wish you all the best of luck on the water, abundant schools of hungry fish, good weather, and safe travel. Thanks for the time spent, and tight lines.

Take care,

Chris

Dble Haul
08-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Chris-

Regardless of what has happened (and that's between you and the other party/parties involved), please know that you can come back here whenever you want. I sincerely hope that your leave of abscence isn't permanent.

Take care, and catch plenty of fish.

Nick
08-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Dude, what happened? hope you come back soon, always like the posts!

nick

sinktip
08-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Chris,

I am not sure what all has been going on to bring about your leaving. Sometimes even the mods get caught up in their own boards and minutia but I am sorry to read you are going. I second Mark's thoughts that you are always welcome to come back.

Take care and may your leaders hold and your hooks not slip.

Tip

Charlie
08-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Chris,

Your posts have always been thought provoking at the very least. It will be sad not to see them on the board. :frown: If you are ever in the Western New York area, get back on for the purpose of sending me a PM and let me know.

Good Fishing, Charlie.

striblue
08-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Chris, I agree with the rest of the guys...hope you choose to post occasionally OR just come back...

seuss
08-20-2004, 11:19 PM
???

I must have missed something.

The details of your experience aside...

Unlike most other messageboard communities on the net, I've found this Forum to be a refreshing oasis, both in terms of the quality of people and the quality of conversation.

Assuming you've bumped heads with a select 1 or 2, I'd encourage you to consider the greater whole.

Hawkeye
08-23-2004, 10:02 AM
You'll be missed and I'll hope for your return.

juro
08-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Sorry guys, this one's on me and has no reflection on the forum membership.

He sent me a PM, I responded. He sent me another, to which I will not respond because there is no way to respond to insults without worsening the matter.

A congenial farewell is the best final word. Back to fishing...

seuss
08-27-2004, 11:43 AM
easy...easy...

few people are as committed and generous with respect to the forum (both on and offline) as Juro.

your post pretty much speaks for itself.

a congenial farewell!