Anyone Fishing??? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Anyone Fishing???

Quentin
08-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Seems kind of quiet in here. Anybody been out? I don't have much to report because most of my fishing has been of the non-FF variety :tsk_tsk: .

Haven't had much luck with bass on the fly rod lately. Been catching a few by other means.

I finally got out on the Housy and the pike were pretty cooperative. No big ones, but a couple were over 2'. Hope to chase them with the fly rod the next time I can get out.

Q

flyjkol
08-18-2004, 12:56 AM
The water was to murkey to sight fish, but I did figure out that they were feeding on, damsel fly emergers. One fly I didnt have with me :rolleyes:. No carp a couple small bass and most importantly time on the water.
My dad just got back from Nueton Lake way way up north. He caught several big northern yet his rod ends up breaking casting :confused:. Fortunately the lodge had a backup rod and not a moment was lost from fishing. The flies i tied for him held up well by being coated with epoxy some even lasting 10-20 fish.

Word to the wise if you go up there tie some flies in very bright colors, just in case seeing a 40incher ingulfing a leech isn't vivid enough.

chainsaw
08-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Here in Central Florida, I am waiting for the water to settle out from Hurricane Charley. The bluegill fishing has be pretty good here prior to the storm. At least we didn't get slammed like Orlando did, even though we are only about 70 mi. SE of them.... Rob

Dble Haul
08-18-2004, 12:00 PM
I've been out, but haven't really done anything that I thought to be worthy of posting.

To be honest, this season has been rather atypical for me. I've spent far more time chasing trout and saltwater fish than I have warmwater fish, but there's still plenty of fishing left to cure any itches I might get.

redneckfishrman
08-18-2004, 04:28 PM
I went bait dunking the other day with my dad, sister, and brother. I couldn`t take my fly rod, because fishin with 4 people in a boat, you can barely bait fish, better yet , fly fish. I did learn that my bait fishing skills were a little, well, really rusty. lol. In all, we caught 10 bass. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck