Clave weather - someone do something! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Clave weather - someone do something!


Hawkeye
08-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Fri
S Wind 5 To 10 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft. Patchy Fog Early In The
Morning. A Chance Of Tstms Early In The Morning. A Chance Of
Showers In The Morning. Vsby 1 Nm Or Less...increasing To 1 To 3
Nm Late In The Morning.

Fri Night
S Wind 10 To 15 Kt. Seas 2 To 4 Ft.

Sat
S Wind 15 To 20 Kt. Seas 3 To 5 Ft. A Chance Of Showers. A
Chance Of Tstms After Midnight.

Sun
W Wind 10 To 15 Kt...becoming N 5 To 10 Kt In The
Afternoon...then Becoming E In The Evening. Seas 3 To 5 Ft...subsiding
To 2 To 4 Ft. A Chance Of Showers And Tstms In The Morning. Vsby 1 To 3 Nm.

FishHawk
08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
The forcasts are not always on the money let's hope they are wrong about the T storms. I can deal with the rain but not the T Storms. FishHawk. :roll:

Hawkeye
08-17-2004, 05:11 PM
T Storms can be avoided if you are close to shore and paying attention. What I am seriously bumming about is the 3-5 foot seas. Those are seriously unfun conditions.

Lefty
08-17-2004, 05:13 PM
I guess I will pack my waders now. Thank you. The jetty is looking better!


T Storms can be avoided if you are close to shore and paying attention. What I am seriously bumming about is the 3-5 foot seas. Those are seriously unfun conditions.

Lefty
08-17-2004, 05:17 PM
And then there's this one: (speaks nothing of waves but...)

striblue
08-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Yes, wind and seas obviously going to be a problem if the forcasts stay. Actually the weather this summer has be really bad in general.

Hawkeye
08-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Bring on the rain just let the seas lay down!

JimW
08-17-2004, 07:55 PM
The forcasts are never on the money that far out, it will probably be much worse.

Tarps anyone?

Rich looks like it time for MOAT - mother of all tarps. can you bring it along Fri pm?

Quentin
08-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Seems like the forecast has improved since a couple of days ago. Maybe it will continue to improve. If not, the bad weather should help reduce the weekend crowds!

Q

FishHawk
08-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Listen to the weather forcast on VHF 30 knt winds on Sat. I am going to play it by ear . Will see how Friday goes then make a decision if I will camp or not . Will drop off trash bags. FishHawk

juro
08-18-2004, 07:25 AM
The weather report as of now is greatly improved:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/MAZ022.php?warncounty=MAC001&city=Mashpee

The Marine Forecast calls for 3-5ft seas at this time but this does not really tell the tale of Vineyard Sound.

South Beach in Chatham was thick with pea bunker yesterday (outside) so I am sure Waquoit will have bunker. There were fair amounts two weeks ago and the start of the outgoing started an epic schoolie blitz off the west jetty. If so the area around the jetties should be smokin' and there won't be a need to wander too far when the tide is moving.

Succonessett and L'hommidieu (sp) should be reachable by all, and they were hot spots the last two years.

However it will be a shame to lose the Elizabeths, Vineyard from the equation.

The weather itself looks like there is no cause for concern but being New England we'll see when we see.

FredA
08-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Intellicast looks much better this morning. No wind projections beyond Friday morning but the big temp. drop (thus guarenteed big wind) for Sunday isn't there.

Hawkeye
08-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Sunday is down to 2-4. Bouncy but better.

schotty
08-18-2004, 10:09 AM
I have a mondo tarp i'll bring for general use. 20X30 I think.
Rain, shmain!
Mike

FishHawk
08-18-2004, 05:39 PM
I'll keep checking the VHF. Hopefully things will get better.
FishHawk :D

jfbasser
08-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Based on recent experience on the Nearside get ready for the bones at 3pm to 6 pm Friday on the spot where Lefty was camped in the tin boat last year :D Now that's going out on a limb :eek: Too bad I can't show till Saturday. Good fishing guys!