Boneclave Directions [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave Directions

grizz0707
08-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I am coming up from PA and did a map quest for driving directions and I think their is a better way. Any recomendations will be looked at .

juro
08-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Griz -

From Chatham take Highway 6 back to exit 5, then cut over to 28. Continue toward Falmouth into Mashpee. The Waquoit Reserve HQ is on the left, shortly after is the parking lot to the ramp.

I will give my more details next week.

Slinger
08-14-2004, 11:48 PM
The simplest way I know of to get to the ramp is. After crossing over the bridge either cut over from the mid cape(rt. 6) and get on rt 28 to Falmouth or if you cross the Bourne bridge your allready on 28. Follow 28 till you get to the exit for rt. 151 to Mashpee, stay on 151 till it meets back up with 28, this cuts off the big loop thru Falmouth and Woods Hole, you`ll know the end of 151 because there is a rotary and a big shopping plaza on the right. Take 28 back towards Falmouth, 3 maybe 4 miles down look for Edwards Boatyard on your left, the public ramp is behind the boatyard at the end of the small side road, parking for the ramp is in the lot at 28, it`s only 100 yds. or so.
Slinger

Slinger
08-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Also Edwards has the closest gas dock to Washburn and the Wacky inlet.
Slinger

jfbasser
08-15-2004, 04:37 AM
As Slinger suggests the most direct route to East Falmouth from off Cape is over the Bourne Bridge at the Cape Cod Canal (end of Mass Rte 25) and staright down 28 till the Rte 151 exit. Take 151 East but before the shopping mall area you may want to take a right on Currier Road continue on Hayway and work your way directly South to 28 at the Childs river area. Saves a little backtracking on 28.

CascoBay
08-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the detailed directions guys. Traveling from the North down, I will assume that it is easiest to cut across once we're on the Cape crossing the canal at sagamore? Rather than cut down to Bourne 1st then across. Traffic shouldn't be an issue aside from early AM delivery trucks.

juro
08-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Chuck is staying at Stone Horse the night before, thus directions he needs are from the east. However, the general directions are a good thing to post. I think the 2001 boneclave page was loaded with info - and I think I posted it in a thread recenty...

FredA
08-17-2004, 06:23 AM
I have plenty of room in Dennis for anyone coming from a distance Thursday night. PM me for directions.