Maine SW Fishing Help [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Maine SW Fishing Help

striblue
08-11-2004, 10:25 AM
I am hopeful some of you might be able to help a friend of mine with some Maine information or if you believe a search of the forum is more effective. Here is what this friend has written to me...so I don't miss any details. Any help would be appreciated .

"John,

We're staying in Ogunquit and the bordering towns are Wells to the north and York to the south. In Ogunquit there is , of course, beach fishing and there are estuaries and marshes with about a 6 -8 ft. tide , I believe. The Ogunquit River runs right through town and there is Moody Beach and Wells beach to the north and the Webhannett River
runs into Wells Harbor. I'm looking for information for my brother in law, Pete, to be able to fish in this area from shore and/or if there are any guides that he could hire to take him out fishing, etc. Name and loc. of a good tackle shop , etc.

I just want to give Pete a head start when he comes up with my sister to visit next weekend. Thanks John. "

Dble Haul
08-11-2004, 11:06 AM
John, I've sent you some info via PM for people he can contact.

Mattb
08-11-2004, 11:54 AM
John, there are a couple of good shops right on rte 1 in that area. Your friend would do well to stop in and pick up a couple of local flies and some info.

The fishing at the mouth of the Ogunquit can be pretty good (watch out for surfers and 'quicksand'- yes quicksand), and the fishing from the Rocks out fron along the Marginal Way can be exceptional with big groceries flies, but be sure he brings Korkers.

I don't fish that far south too often, but I grew up just a little ways north of there (Saco/Biddeford area). If he's willing to drive a bit I can supply some more specific info.

BigDave
08-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Ditto-the mouth of the river on an outgoing tide at low light.

juro
08-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Don't forget to abide by the policy for direct links to non-sponsor businesses. We will look for the email cc and follow up accordingly.

The rules on this were explained in the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up, they are also posted at the top of the main forum.