Spring Photos [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Spring Photos

rooster
08-09-2004, 08:37 PM
OK Guys,
It took a while but I've attached some pictures from the CA, PA, FL, CO crew. Finally figured out how to use the pcdownsizer thing that Juro talked about.
Pictures were taken in June.
Tight Lines.
Rooster

rooster
08-09-2004, 08:44 PM
More photos:
Walt, Jim S, Bill, Rooster and #1 son Dan, George

rooster
08-09-2004, 08:53 PM
OK you guys created a monster...., here's the last of them!
George Close, Fred/helmet head, Bill, Rooser, Walt/Dennis, DK, Darren, Jeff, Dan, Ed Bottimore (Jim Simms Friend).
Lot's of great memories!
Cheers,
DK

rooster
08-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey John,
How about using these babies for your crab apple crab!!!
DK

striblue
08-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Dennis... thanks for posting the pics of your spring trip.... hope to see you in the Fall..

juro
08-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Rooster -

You guys are living LARGE!

Tell me about those crab legs... YUM

flyfishjeff
08-10-2004, 06:51 AM
Nice fish and better smiles! That's what it's all about.

jimS
08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Dennis, Now you did it! As if I didn't have the urge to get back there. Now, I'm counting the days. Ed Bottegal and I will be heading to the Cape in September thru the first week of October. Both my sons, Chris and Brad, will be there around mid-September for a few days. Get your butt up there for the fall migration, and maybe, some shots at albies.

Simms

rooster
08-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Juro,
The crabs were from Olga Bay (Kodiak Island) last November when a group of us chartered a boat for bowhunting trip for the Sitka Blacktails. Hunting was so-so, but the crab eating was awesome. I ate them until I could not longer eat! Lot's of fun.
Jim, you and Ed should have a great fall. For the records...., Jim and Ed both caught fish alot bigger than those photos...., I just got tired of taking photos! But, the big ones did not always get away....., although they were released to be caught again this Fall.
Cheers,
DK

rooster
08-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Figured it would be appropriate to feature the SB Oceanside lunch, courtesy of big blue (the most abused cooler in New England)...., can't remember what the groceries were that day..., but Walt, Richie, Bill and George aren't complaining. I think that Penguin and John hit it prior to this crowd. I beleive this meal occured about an hour after Pedro jogged the lenght of SB chasing a 44" lockjawed striper. Next years' challenge at the SpringClave should feature a "best lunch box" event!
Cheers,
DK

FishHawk
08-11-2004, 05:34 AM
Rooster you guys have it nailed down. Hope to see you in the Fall. Too bad you couldn't make the Bone Clave. Jim, your son Brad will out fish us all this Sept. I saw him in action. FishHawk