my apologys to all the sensitive [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: my apologys to all the sensitive

Greenhorn
08-08-2004, 12:30 PM
To all concerned i recently wrote a thread entitled "why close all the rivers". Many of you disagreed with what i had to say and how i said it. That s ok i understand we live in a hypersensitive world where some are easily offended. I however am not such a person. I appreciate all your opinions. Whats funny to me is that the people who fish , i mean realy fish have become so overly conservative when it comes to the fish themselves. Weve gone beyond being responsible an into the realm of the Greenpeacers, animal rights activist and those who would chian themselves to a tree and put whole towns out of buisness to save a bird. Hey guys im from a small logging town ive seen these people at work and let me tell you there at work in our midst evryday trying to take from you what you hold dear if for no other reason than they feel you dont have the right to...... Some of you even told me" i didnt have a right to fish when the water was low" How stinking ridiculous is that!. I dont care what you people think of me thats your choice but i will tell you i pray that none of you are sucked in by the enviro whack jobs out there and buy even an ounce of there propoganda. Remember stewardship is an individual responsobility. Help your nieghbor to become better. Dont shoot him because he dosent carry your views. Before i go one more thing. That phraseology i used like(tofu slurpin hippy) sorry if that offended any of you granola fans out there. Have a nice day :hihi:

Dble Haul
08-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Your apology would carry more weight and be more sincere if you stopped with the broadbrushing of people with sweeping generalizations.

Doesn't seem like much of an apology to me. :roll:

Greg Pavlov
08-08-2004, 02:01 PM
I'd rather deal with a 'tofu-slurpin hippy' who might get mad enough to chain himself to an old-growth tree than a beer-slurpin neocon who is likely to blow up a building full of innocent people cause he didn like bein told what he caint do.

Nailknot
08-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Greenhorn- what rivers are closed? I still have no idea what your point is.

KerryS
08-08-2004, 02:26 PM
I also live in a small logging community and you are still a troll.

mattzoid
08-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Maybe I'm just being hypersensitive from all those years of Greenpeacing, but I just can't respond to these harsh words. GEEZUS, somebody give me an anti-emetic.

sinktip
08-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Greenhorn,

I do appreciate your deleting your initial thread and your apology. You will find that we are a pretty accepting bunch here as long as people are civil. When people are not, or when it is clear they are just trolling for a fight, then their posts become a waste of bandwidth. What you think of myself or any of the posters on here is your business as long as your posts are civil.

Sinktip (the guy that likes scotch with his granola and tofu)

Moonlight
08-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Not me I'm a "Liberal Weiner" and a whole lot more!!!!!!!

roballen2
08-08-2004, 10:54 PM
insincere apology accepted anyway.... to my knowledge there is no legar right to fish, let alone fish for a federally listed species at a time when they are vulnerable to dying when caught.

as for people being stewards. most people are so self centered ( including fishermen) that they choose not to be good stewards and i think wild steelhead are important enough to makes their actions highly regulated. if that means closing a river because of low water then great do it... you claim that people are capable of being good strewards and making good decisions on their own.. well in that case why aren't they doing it??

on the other hand go away troll