"New Yorkers": Identify yourselves! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: "New Yorkers": Identify yourselves!

flyfisha1
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Within the past three weeks I've come into contact with two members on the forum that live in the NYC area, which is "right in my own backyard". So it got me wondering how many more NY resident (in general, anywhere in the state) members are on the forum? I'm interested to see how many of us we can get together for a trip out to the North Fork in October :smokin:

Head count and location, please...

I'll start: I'm in the Bronx

Doc Duprey
08-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Not sure I want to identify myself as a "New Yorker", but does 35 miles west of Newark count? :cool: I'm in for a North Fork trip in October.

Doc Duprey
Whitehouse Station, NJ

flyfisha1
08-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Okay, anyone living in New York, I know there are more of us!

StriperSniper
08-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Staten Island to be more specific....Anybody else ?

Jazzman
08-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Chris -- you already know about me, but for others, I live right in Manhattan, a block from the East River in fact. Brooklyn Angler departed, but he was in Williamsburg in Brooklyn, I think.

Jonny

flyfisha1
08-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks Jonny. I was starting to get the feeling that if there were three or four of us in the area, there were probably more.

capt shiner
08-11-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't really post much on here, but I'm on the island in the western sound. I know a few guys on here from other boards. Been fishing the island my whole life so maybe I can help out w/ fling ideas. No need to travel very far for you city guys to get into the fish here, it's perty darn good right now!

Jazzman
08-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Sounds good, Capt'n Shiner. I don't post here much either, although I like the site a lot. I think a lot of us city guys actually fish elsewhere -- I've got inlaws on the Cape, for instance, and do most of my stripering up there, other than a couple of trips a year to J Bay or Breezy. I'm definitely interested in finding out more about good shore spots nearby. I was just talking to a guy who fishes a lot in Westchester and does very well.

flyfisha1
08-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Howdy Capt. Shiner, I was out in Bayville a couple of weekends ago and saw something herding bait, but never got a hit or anything otherwise. I'd love to find some good spots on the Western Sound that can be fished from the bank.

This might not be too early to discuss some details for a little get-together out on the North Fork in late October. The questions are when and is anyone interested in splitting costs to go out with a guide, or does anyone have "connections" with a boat-owner in that area? I have a birthday on the 24th (Sunday) but would be free Friday and Saturday prior, and might even be able to swing the 15th and 16th as open dates as well (the 17th is out for me). I can think of nothing better than spending the day before my 30th chasing blues, stripers, and albies! Anyone interested?

Also, how about a little gathering at Sandy Hook or thereabouts? Interested parties please post suggested dates...

Adrian
08-12-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm in CT about 65 miles northeast of the city but spend so much time there I support the local baseball team :lildevl: I'm up for a Sandy Hook clave anytime but especially later on when the rest of the East Coast flyrodders have hung up the gear for the season.

Logistics makes LI a bit tricky from CT when there is so much great fishing within easier reach but I've always wanted to check out Montauk during the fall.

Dble Haul
08-12-2004, 12:06 PM
...I support the local baseball team :lildevl:

Well, I guess that nobody's perfect. :wink:

Charlie
08-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Hey Chris,

I'm in New York State, but at the other end, Buffalo. Please don't hold that against me. I won't be able to make it with you guys to the North Fork in October but it is very cool of you to make the offer. If you ever hit any of the Erie or Ontario tribs for Steelhead let me know. I can always do that.

Charlie

IronMike
09-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Lived in Buffalo for a while - attended UB. Nicest people in New York! Great wings too... is Duffs still around?

SDHflyfisher
09-13-2004, 03:44 PM
was a new yorker til i moved to wisconsin

was born on long island and lived there til i was six am now 18

Charlie
09-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey IronMike,

Duffs is still dishing them out. Still my favorites. :hihi:

Charlie.

juro
09-13-2004, 04:23 PM
One of my best friends was from Buffallo. I visited his relatives and they took us to some place to have authentic wings... I think I suffered 2nd degree burns! :eek:

Delicious, but just remember to chase them with a little ice cream :lildevl:

IronMike
09-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey IronMike,
Duffs is still dishing them out. Still my favorites. :hihi:
Charlie.

I'd kill for a delivery to Boston area. ;) We'd get a take out order of Mediums and Hot and alternate them with Molson Bradors back at home. Man, I'm starving now, do people still make runs across the border for Brador? Wonder if Molson still makes it even.

MarkDoogue
09-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Sorry, no more Brador.

uffdoc
09-21-2004, 05:42 PM
I live in Chittenango, just NE of Syracuse. I happen to own a house in the Town of Deposit...on the W. BR. Delaware. Not a bad place to spend time.