Rivers in BC [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rivers in BC

steelzilla
08-06-2004, 01:38 PM
I was hoping to get some recommendations on rivers to fish in october. ive been looking at the Sustut, Kispiox, Bulkley and Copper. Any recommendations on what river to hit in Octobert. This will be my first time up to B.C., but not steelheading. I plan on going in october and Im not necessarily looking for lots of fish but definately want to break my 36" mark. Any help on good lodges with great guides would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks much.

tight lines

Mick

North Island
08-09-2004, 09:57 AM
I think if you stay on the rivers between Terrace and Smithers you will do well

Cheers N I

beau purvis
08-11-2004, 05:27 PM
I believe any great lodges with good guides were probably booked for this oct between oct 03 and feb of 04. all those rivers you mentioned are equally good depending on the weather in their watersheds at the time.Believe the sustut is a fly in situation.if you want to go guided and lodge,it is pretty much a thying you need to plan nearly a year ahead.If going it on own need to hang out from smithers to terrace and follow the water contions up and down the skeena and its tribs.Beau

Whistler
08-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Steelzilla,
send me an email or Pm with your October dates and the size of your party. I should be able to set you up with an excellent guide and lodging on any of the waters mentioned.
Brian Niska