Boneclave: Shuttle Coordinator Needed [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave: Shuttle Coordinator Needed

juro
08-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Description:

Coordinating the arrival of passengers with the times that boat owners are arriving. Assigning people to boats for the ride to the island and the ride back.

We will request arrival / departure times from all boat owners. Passengers will sign up for those times until the capacity is full, first come first serve. Others will coordinate with the next available shuttle, etc.

These events do not succeed without volunteers. It's up to us to pull a little of the total weight needed to make the event go smoothly.

Thanks in advance for volunteering... just PM me, Terry or post a reply if you can help.

Smcdermott
08-06-2004, 11:14 AM
I can handle that. Let me know if you don't have anyone yet.

Sean

JimW
08-06-2004, 04:38 PM
I'll be heading out ~6:30am on Friday. Chuck Reid will be riding with me but I have room for one more. Rich D is my other guest on the boat but he won't be arriving until ~5pm so we've got room for someone to fish with us on Friday.

I'll be making an evening run to pick up Rich, probably between 5 and 6pm on Friday, room for another ferry passenger and some gear then too.

FishHawk
08-07-2004, 08:13 AM
Jim I would like to fish with you on Fri. Send me the detail by pm . Thanks
FishHawk

JimW
08-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Sorry Fishawk - The slot has been filled.

I am kidnapping Juro who usually fishes from shore to allow others to get on the boats. Last year he only got a ride out to the jetty for the entire trip.

Doc Duprey
08-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Looks like FishHawk will be riding with me, but there is potentially room for one more :cool: . Need suggestions on where to launch, as I will be learning the area. Chart only tells you so much...

All advice welcome!

Best regards,

-Doc

juro
08-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Sean -

Thanks for volunteering - again. You are a great asset to this community. So I guess it's a process of getting all the boat schedules posted, then letting riders sign up for those rides. I will leave it in your capable hands.

Terry -

Thanks for getting the gear list together. Are you and Sully doing Sunday brunch? Wouldn't be the same...

One thing for all to note - if you are a rider, pack light for the boater's sake.

Also:

There will be a pogie oil tasting after dinner Sat care of griz0707 (Chuck H). Believe me you will not want to miss this one if you like the really fishy stuff. ;)

I am going to bring all the fixin's for tataki so I hope we get some bones for Sat!

Looking forward to some island time...

Smcdermott
08-10-2004, 08:35 AM
No problem Juro. I will get things going by Wednesday. Having family for dinner tonight. :Eyecrazy:

Sean

grizz0707
08-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi Doc,
if you still have a slot available i will take it. will need directions to the pick up point.

Hi Juro,
the oil should arrive tommorrow or thursday and I think their maybe be a bonus in the box

Hawkeye
08-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Mike and I wont be arriving until mid afternoon to early evening on the 20th.

striblue
08-10-2004, 10:55 AM
I will be with Penguin for one of the days and dinner...I will be on his boat.

kennebecfly
08-10-2004, 11:22 AM
New obligations at work have forced me to cancle this years bone clave! Been going around with my boss for the last few days about this but the only way I could attend is to leave fri. and be back for sun. at 6:00 and thats after working all night thur. I hope you guys have a great time,and my apologies to casco bay as I was his ride from maine to Cape. I will look foward to fall migration it will be easier to take time then when work slows a little. :mad:

juro
08-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I will be with Penguin for one of the days and dinner...I will be on his boat.

For planning purposes pls. confirm:

Neither are staying on the island, but both are attending Sat dinner correct?

thanks

Drew -

Sorry to hear you can't make it. I hate to say it but you are really missing something :lildevl:

striblue
08-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Juro...I think that is correct but I will also check with Pete.

JimW
08-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Drew,
Sorry to hear you can't make it. I removed you from the signup sheet. If things change just sign up again.

juro
08-10-2004, 04:15 PM
I am working Friday... will join the festivities Sat AM. Thanks for the generous offer Jim, have to post-pone this time.

I updated my entry because I know how hard it is to organize things when people don't.

CascoBay
08-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Drew, total bummer that you can't go. But I got the time of from work so I am still planning on heading down.

What is going to be the best time for me to arrive? I would imagine that I want to follow signs down to Falmouth... then I will need some directions from there.

Smcdermott
08-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Drew, total bummer that you can't go. But I got the time of from work so I am still planning on heading down.

What is going to be the best time for me to arrive? I would imagine that I want to follow signs down to Falmouth... then I will need some directions from there.

Casco,

I will get a thread started tomorrow night for rides to the island and meeting times.

Sean

tomd
08-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Juro, I'll be heading down Sat morn, you can hitch a ride over from me. Tom D

fliboy
08-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Jim W - I sent you a PM. I planned on heading down on Friday morning. Now that Juro is not heading down until Saturday, can I hitch a ride? I'd also love to join you until your other fishing partner shows up later in the afternoon. I also sent you a PM.

Thanks

Dave

juro
08-11-2004, 06:48 AM
I think Fishhawk was already in queue Dave, but there should be plenty of spots looking at the signup chart.

This goes to show just how important Sean McDermotts boat schedule work is in all of this - thanks for taking the bull by the horns on this Sean.

With Lefty working out the gear list and the generosity of the boat owners, the Sat dinner contributions, etc - we're on the way to another fantastic boneclave in '04

fliboy
08-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Oops - sorry - reading through the posts, it appeared that FishHawk had gotten an offer from Doc Duprey.

Anyways - I'd be interested in a ride over at some time Friday morning. Willing to meet at a spot, when it's most convienient for the captain.

Thanks,

Dave

JimW
08-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Dave, Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it.

FishHawk
08-11-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm going with Doc. on Fri. so my slot is open. Hope this helps you guys out. Will need a ride on Sat.
FishHawk :smokin:

flyfishjeff
08-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Cascobay and I hope to be there early on Friday morning if someone can help us out with a ride. We are very flexible on times though.
Thanks,
Jeff