Boneclave Fly Swap [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave Fly Swap

Smcdermott
08-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Any interest in a fly swap at the boneclave. We could each tie up 6-12 depending on interest and get the same number back a la Striblue method. Only no mailing we could do the swap Friday night in person.

Just a thought.

Sean

Lefty
08-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Sean,
Not a bad idea, I doubt I will have time to tie them up though. I'm a real slow tyer and my schedule is kinda full. And if I get any time to tie I need to stock up on a dozen Juvi Herring/Pogie flies for the very close blitz season :Eyecrazy: And they take time to get that wide profile. Ain't no Rays fly.

Lefty

Dave17
08-04-2004, 02:47 PM
I'd be all for the swap. Only problem that I have is that I'm a rookie when it comes to the bones. Would be willing to tie, but I would need to know which pattern. So if this gets off the ground I'll leave it up to you guys to tell me what to tie and I'll get them done up before the clave. Let me know

Dave

JimW
08-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Great idea, but I may have to tie them at camp. Bonito bandit, epoxy sand eels, and of course deep/real eels. Never caught a bonito on them but they've been productive on other species.

juro
08-04-2004, 09:06 PM
I've caught both bonito and albies on them but prefer a silverside fly or bunker pattern most of the time due to hook to body ratio.

Smcdermott
08-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Sounds like this may be best done informally. I will certainly have a few extras in my box and we can see whose up for a trade anytime in camp.

Sean

CascoBay
08-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I would be into trading up some flies..

Quentin
08-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Poker for flies? :lildevl:

Q

Slinger
08-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Oh I like that idea Q!! I raise 3 Clousers!
Slinger

Smcdermott
08-06-2004, 06:52 AM
Slinger,

I can see how you would like that idea. I don't know anyone who wouldn't be short stacked sitting down at a table with you in that game. A more likely raise from you might be 3 dozen clousers :whoa: .

Sean

jfbasser
08-06-2004, 07:20 AM
All In! with my last flatwing. I need to find a more durable fly :smokin: :D

DFix
08-06-2004, 11:16 AM
All In! with my last flatwing. I need to find a more durable fly :smokin: :D

:rolleyes: Disciples... :roll:
;)

jfbasser
08-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Just turned over the River card and I made the flush. Beats Slinger's two-pair. What am I going to do with all these weighted flies? :confused:

Smcdermott
08-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Just turned over the River card and I made the flush. Beats Slinger's two-pair. What am I going to do with all these weighted flies? :confused:

Outfish the flatwings until the peanuts show up in force :lildevl: .

Lefty
08-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I've caught both bonito and albies on them but prefer a silverside fly or bunker pattern most of the time due to hook to body ratio.

Hey,

I'd like to see one of your bunker flies. Gotta any pics? I'm a bunker fly nut. I've tried most of the recipes out there, and am always looking for a way to improve (ie. make them easier and faster to tie).

Lefty

jfbasser
08-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Outfish the flatwings until the peanuts show up in force :lildevl: .

All tying insrtuctions on weighted flies are considered Deuterocanonical Apocrypha by a true Disciple :D

Slinger
08-07-2004, 12:06 AM
JF, I seem to remember a day this spring when we stood side by side at the super double secret spot, and you saw what to do with those H+ H`s. And I`ve got the pic`s to prove it! If I can ever get them rezized to post.
Slinger

Skiman
08-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I am in for the fly swap. I have tied up a bunch and am working on some more.

Skiman

jfbasser
08-12-2004, 01:27 PM
JF, I seem to remember a day this spring when we stood side by side at the super double secret spot, and you saw what to do with those H+ H`s. And I`ve got the pic`s to prove it! If I can ever get them rezized to post.
Slinger

Yup, I remember getting my butt kicked.. It was the start of a period consumed by faux fishing. Slowly getting my act together with the SBFTs and the Bonitos the other day. BTW, I also remember having to rescue you and move you a bit more to the right of those guys floating herring because your weighted fly was hooking their rigs. :D

Mushmouths or Flatwings? Tough choice

fliboy
08-13-2004, 07:47 PM
I second Lefty's motion to see the Bunker. It looks like I've got some tying time tomorrow.