BoneClave Gear List [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: BoneClave Gear List

Lefty
08-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Washburn Island is Primitive Camping- no running water or picnic tables

WE NEED A COUPLE OF PROPANE CANISTERS

Detailed Washburn Island Camping Info Here (http://www.waquoitbayreserve.org/camp.htm)

Remember to bring enough water for the length of your stay.
Don't bring too much "stuff", and we'll try to leave the place cleaner. Here are the main items for the group. There are a few additional items you will need for your self of course.

___WHO________________ WHAT___________

Lefty--------------1 cook table, 1 lantern, 1 grill, 20lb tank with tree-
------------------- which feeds another stove and lantern, Salsa!!!

Sully--------------1 more stove, extra lantern

Jim W. ------------1 more small grill, Stove

Skiman------2 tarps with poles. lantern

Juro---------------2 long tables (Schotty?), large fish cooler,grilling racks

Sean M------------plates, napkins, plastic ware, table

Dave--------------paper cups,paper towels

Esteys------------fly tying setup,

Jimmy S.,Skiman----first aid kit

Fishhawk--------trashbags

Everyone---------Ice-block or bag

Grizz.---------------kitchen Clean up kit(scrunge, dish soap, tub)

Grizz---------------cutting board

Grego--------------Grill

Tom D. ------------ Stove, Lantern, Table

Sully--------------Sluggos

In addition everyone should bring a bag of ice . You also personally need a tent or a space in someone elses tent, sunblock, your own water, tp, folding chair etc. Step up and say what you'll take on the list.

Lefty (salsa man)

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/boneclave2001/gallery/roll1/images/a024_1.jpg
Notice Sully cooking while the other 3 guys are on watch like secret service men. What's with that? Was Will going to rush the camp?

Smcdermott
08-03-2004, 09:26 AM
I can bring the plates, plastic ware and napkins.

sean

juro
08-03-2004, 10:58 AM
I'll bring the fish racks like last year. Also the light olive oil and prudhomme's redfish magic.

I will try to get everything together for tataki, which is the proper way to serve bonito. It's simply uncivilized to serve raw bonito without the proper presentation :smokin:

FishHawk
08-03-2004, 01:21 PM
I'll bring trash bags. I have a couple of general questions. For those of us coming on Fri. will we have to provide for our own meals? Also , what would the general cost be for meals ect? Need to know so I can budget for the Clave . Thanks.
FishHawk

Lefty
08-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks Fishhawk.

There will be 2 group meals-Sat night dinner and Sunday mid day brunch (which could slide a little if the bite is on :biggrin: Beyond that you need to bring your own food.
We mostly do Pot Luck for the dinner. But sometimes someone will bring enough of a costly item to warrant tossing a few bucks into a hat. A few bucks for the brunch would be good to have on hand too. Juro can provide the details on who sprang for the campsite. Again, if it came out of someones pocket, just a few bucks would cover you. So all in all, the Boneclave is an awesome time for under $20 (plus a few more bucks in case you forget your sleeping bag like me last year...doh). And do bring a dish for all to enjoy if you want. Not totally needed but it adds to the culinary explosion we usually have.

Lefty

porkslice
08-03-2004, 06:19 PM
I will bring the cutting board & the first aid kit I also made a pot of sauce for eithier night. :roll:

FredA
08-03-2004, 06:57 PM
For the heathens amongst you I'll bring a bottle of pogy oil... to soak your fly's in of course. I'll also bring some sort of appetizer type thing, smoked scup or sea robin maybe from Svends or Ring Brothers.

juro
08-03-2004, 08:18 PM
There will be a premium pogie oil tasting event at Sat PM dinner, don't miss it! c/o our own Charles H.

Lefty
08-04-2004, 08:07 AM
I will bring the cutting board & the first aid kit I also made a pot of sauce for eithier night. :roll:

Thanks,
Someone else should bring an additional cutting board since porkslice will not be camping friday or monday.

grizz0707
08-04-2004, 08:12 AM
I will bring another cutting board and 15 gallons of fresh water and 10 gals of wash water and anything else for the kitchen and will help clean up and prep.

Dave17
08-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Noticed everything on the list is taken. Any other necessities or luxuries that you guys would like to have there?

(I know I'm opening up a can of worms with this one :lildevl: )

Dave

Lefty
08-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Noticed everything on the list is taken. Any other necessities or luxuries that you guys would like to have there?

(I know I'm opening up a can of worms with this one :lildevl: )

Dave

Dave,

Paper cups and paper towells are available. Shall I pencil you in?

Dave17
08-04-2004, 03:32 PM
You got it :smokin:

JimW
08-04-2004, 06:52 PM
I've got the small propane grill and a propane lantern. I can dig up the hose for the propane tank if we need it.

flyfishjeff
08-04-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm interested in attending the gathering to get away for a few days, see some new water and meet some new people. I don't own a boat so do you arrange times to meet to ferry people over to the campsite? I'm happy to fish from shore also if nobody has any room for passengers.

porkslice
08-05-2004, 03:35 PM
lefty I am planing to drive down fri afternoon and wanted to know that the deal is for getting over to the campsight. thanks. :confused:
porkslice

juro
08-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Dave -

There are many more spots on boats than there are people needing rides so the issue of capacity is OK.

The only other issue is timing. Those getting rides need to accomodate those giving them.

We will need to coordinate riders with boat owners as we do each year for rides.

We will have a designated meeting time and location as always. We usually have a Friday AM, Friday PM, Sat AM, Sat PM pick ups. Most of these passenger rides are coordinated with boat owners who are arriving at certain times.

We usually also have Sat PM, Sun PM, Mon AM, Mon PM drop off runs.

I think there will be a Friday PM boater arrival or a pickup run. You just need to be there at those times. If unable to meet these times then you might have to come over Sat AM instead. Currently there is one new boater and some day boaters coming on Sat.

Lefty -

Are you doing the boat coordination or should someone else take it this year?

ssully
08-05-2004, 08:33 PM
I'll try to remember to pack the 60" plasma TV and Honda generator.

Juro have you got the surround sound covered?

Lefty
08-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Lefty -

Are you doing the boat coordination or should someone else take it this year?

Glad to but someone else should wade in and get the sweet taste of being a helpuh. Someone else?
I'll throw it together if nobody is interested. But I will be on and off line sporadically next week though due to a fishing trip (Smallies wahoooo!). So don't be surprised if the gear list doesn't update for a bit.

Since this here Gear List is the only discussion going on re: BC, I've also have gotten questions about food. I don't think there is a need to organize food other than:
If you have a specialty dish to share with the group meal Sat., then bring it!
But not everybody needs to lest we be swimming in food. (can you imagine 30 versions of Bean Dip :eek: )

Lefty

Hawkeye
08-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Unless plans change my dad will not be attending and hence the tarps and lantern he brought last year will not be available.

grego
08-10-2004, 12:01 PM
I plan on Bringing Marinated Steak Tips (looks like we will need at least 8#!).

I also can bring a grill if it looks like we wont have enough cooking surfaces!

:whoa:

schotty
08-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Anything on the list that needs to be filled? I have another hamburger griller thing for fish.
Bringing some spices. Any suggestions?
If I don't get the title for this boat, I'm sort of screwed and can't go. They tell me that it should be in this week. Like to take this boat out once or twice before the clave. Hate to have it be the maiden voyage but on the other hand, that might add to the adventure. We'll try not to sink this time.
MTS

juro
08-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Mike -

If the title doesn't come in you still have to show up! How else am I going to get my tables :lildevl: :wink:

There is plenty of room for passengers looking at the list, you don't have to be a driver every year. Hope you can make it either way,
Juro

CascoBay
08-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Any essentials out there that still need to be brought? Wasabi, Soy sauce?? :lildevl: In regard to packing light as passengers... what is too much? Can we bring a cooler with drinks and food (average size)? I am totally new to the Boneclave so it might be easier for me to just talk on the phone with someone to get some Q's Answered :hihi: .....

juro
08-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Personal drinks and food cooler is a good idea. There will be large coolers for the group around as well. Food is usually plentiful, plan on bringing something to contribute to the general cause as well. You will be enjoying what everyone else brings to the community table too.

Don't worry about anything, once we leave the dock we are on island time until the clave is over. You'll see what I mean when you are sitting at camp.

Oh yeah a small folding chair is a good idea.

JimW
08-11-2004, 03:32 PM
I've got one of those pop up tarps, I brought it last year. Unfortunately I backed over it with the boat trailer last year. :redface:
I think Chuck has one, if so maybe I can get him to post.

What about coleman stoves - do we need anymore of those?

Skiman
08-12-2004, 12:05 PM
I don't know if they would be needed, but I can bring a 8'X8' freestanding canopy and another similarly sized tarp type shelter to provide sun/rain shelter. Additionally I have a large expedition dome tent that can sleep 3 easily. If folks need shelter I can help out.
I also plan to bring my ski patrol first aid kit.

Let me know if you need some tent space and I will do what I can to help out.

Skiman aka Pete

tomd
08-14-2004, 05:35 PM
ok, I have a stove and at least one lantern, should I bring them? anything else needed? I'll be there Sat morning through Mon noonish, I hav a table I can bring if needed. Tom D

should I bring the single malt?

juro
08-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Alcohol is not allowed in the campsites.

However if you have it aboard your vessel I am certain we will help you dispose of the hazardous materials properly. :lildevl:

JimW
08-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I'd bring the table.

How many stoves do we need?

Lefty
08-15-2004, 05:00 PM
SKIMAN Yes bring that Tarp.
Not sure about the tent. Evberyone seems to have a space so far.

JIM W. Yes we need that extrat stove and some fuel for it (you do some of your own cooking if I remember correctly, so bring it if you're offering)

TOM D. yes bring that table

I don't know if they would be needed, but I can bring a 8'X8' freestanding canopy and another similarly sized tarp type shelter to provide sun/rain shelter. Additionally I have a large expedition dome tent that can sleep 3 easily. If folks need shelter I can help out.
I also plan to bring my ski patrol first aid kit.

Let me know if you need some tent space and I will do what I can to help out.

Skiman aka Pete

Smcdermott
08-15-2004, 07:34 PM
I also have a nice plastic folding table. Do we need it?

Sean

CascoBay
08-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Does anyone have a perculator for Coffee? :whoa: Camping without coffee is no good... Especially with the rain that's in the forecast. I will work on getting a coffee pot. A few extra would probably be a good bet for those who are addicted like me :lildevl: :lildevl:

Lefty
08-15-2004, 08:01 PM
I bring a french press and brew dark roast frenchy that would knock off your socks. Only problem, it makes only about 6 cups, but fast. Luckily, only a small portion drink coffee. Perking takes too long. We get up at first light, grab a quick breakfast and split in the boats. Perking would work after the morning run. We could use one more French Press basically.

Sean M. I think one more small table would do nicely.

Does anyone have a perculator for Coffee? :whoa: Camping without coffee is no good... Especially with the rain that's in the forecast. I will work on getting a coffee pot. A few extra would probably be a good bet for those who are addicted like me :lildevl: :lildevl:

ssully
08-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Jim W, will you be bringing your air compressor? Can I Hi-hosey the tent site in the back of the lot? You do remember I snore like a bear. :hihi:

I didn't notice anyone bringing a portable grill. I will bring one but two is better.

The Esteys Bros. , to bad your Dad can't make it. I'll miss shooting the breeze with him. He's a great guy! Will youze guys be able to bring the coleman oven to keep things heated?

FWIW, The brunch deal will be a little different this year. I'm going to need to need a liitle help. I'm planning on a bang up feed and will cover that but if someone can contibute a large fruit salad it will help everyones cholesterol count. :) Also I will need a shuttle back to the mainland Saturday night and someone with a car (no boat trailer) to shoot me over to a store for the eggs and stuff that I'll need the next day. I did this last year since it makes no sense to try and haul and store them when you can get them fresh.

FishHawk
08-16-2004, 04:23 AM
Sully I could take you to the store. Don't have a boat trailer.
FishHawk :D

juro
08-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Chuck H needs to head off island Sat PM as well, after dinner. If we coordinate all Sat PM departures it would minimize rides.

*** please give Sean McDermott any ride requests ***

Lefty
08-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Sully,

Got 3 grills coming.

Grego, Jim W., and meselfs.
Also brining an egg pan. (a big one)

Lefty

Hawkeye
08-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Sully,

I can't bring my dad's oven but I can bring my dutch oven and that will keep stuff warm well enough.

JimW
08-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Sully - affirmative on the inflator.

I've got one of those coleman ovens - I'll bring it.

Lefty
08-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Tom D.- Bring the stove and lantern.

fliboy
08-19-2004, 05:37 AM
Terry - I saw Paper Cups and Paper Towels after "Dave" and thought that was me (Fliboy), but it looks like someones already picked that up. What can I bring?

I'm also looking at bringing Meatballs in Spaghetti Sauce to contribute to the group meal.

Can't wait - this is my first BC - I'm psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimW
08-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Looks like we could use another grill, especially if GregO doesn't make it.

grego
08-19-2004, 08:21 AM
I have my Grill packed up & 9 lbs. of Tips Marinating. I will get my stuff to the Island by hook-or-crook!